Page: 1

Canadian Idol

millie_dillmount Profile Photomillie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Canadian Idol#0
Posted: 8/20/04 at 9:56pm
I just got back from Quebec City in Quebec Canada and happened to catch two episodes of a Canadian Idol. Has anyone ever watched this? Kalan Porter is so adorable, lol.
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
BlueWizard Profile PhotoBlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#1
Posted: 8/20/04 at 10:45pm
I think Akiva (Link Larkin Wannabe) said he tried auditioning, but they told him he sang too well. re: Canadian Idol
BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."
Updated On: 8/20/04 at 10:45 PM
judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#2
Posted: 8/20/04 at 10:47pm
Elena goes to my school (she got the boot last night). I was really rooting for her because she's such a sweetheart and unbelievably talented.

Ryan Malcom (the first Canadian Idol) is from the city I live in. He played a concert here a few weeks ago and hit on me REALLY badly afterwards. What a loser!
jacobtsf Profile Photojacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#3
Posted: 8/20/04 at 10:47pm
Isn't it rediculous that you can sing too well to be a pop singer

I HATE IT!
David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel
Broadwaybaby614 Profile PhotoBroadwaybaby614 Profile Photo
Broadwaybaby614
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Canadian Idol#4
Posted: 8/21/04 at 1:48pm
Millie, did you like Québec City? I looooooooooove it!!!

Is Canadian Idol any less ridiculous than American Idol? I can't stand American Idol...
"And now for something completely different..."
Type_A_Tiff Profile PhotoType_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#5
Posted: 8/21/04 at 9:15pm
Honestly, Canadian Idol is a LOT worse than American Idol. Our host is actually MORE annoying than Ryan Seacrest, and uses the self-tanner MUCH more than him (yes, it is possible). Aside from the odd few contestants, I find the quality of singing isn't as good, and the song selection is more limited. It's kind of like American Idol: The Welfare Edition.

But I still watch occasionally because Jacob Hogarth and Kalan Porter are fab.
"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
BlueWizard Profile PhotoBlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#6
Posted: 8/21/04 at 10:59pm
The worst/funniest thing about our Canadian Idol is that the host is the son of a former (and vehemently-hated) prime minister.
BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."
Link Larkin Wanabe Profile PhotoLink Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#7
Posted: 8/22/04 at 4:54am
Hah BlueWizard...damn straight...

But that was for the first season...I didn't try out this season due to scheduling conflict, but I would have liked to cuz my song choices were WAY better and showed of my pop belt.

Can I just say how much I am in love with Jake from BC...this coming form a straight male. Gotta love the edge he brings and his voice reminds me of half my favourite punk bands. And unlike the rest of the performers he actually knows how to...well...perform. Although his voice isn't the strongest I am rooting for him.

Yeah Canadian Pride (anyone else wanna shoot Ben Mulruney)

Akiva
Link Larkin Wanabe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#8
Posted: 8/22/04 at 4:56am
Oh and I'd like to just add that the talent pool was WAY better at the Hairspray Toronto auditions than at Canadian Idol and there was about 1/10 the people. And Hairspray auditioners were WAY niver too. If only there WAS a Broadway Idol.

Akiva
judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#9
Posted: 8/22/04 at 8:50am
Brian Mulroney wasn't exactly "vehemently- hated".
But yes, Ben Mulroney does use too much self tanner.
millie_dillmount Profile Photomillie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#10
Posted: 8/22/04 at 11:41am
The judges actually seem nicer than American Idol judges. Who is the judge equivelent (sp?) to Simon Cowell? And I see that the song selection wasn't really good. But what can I say, I only saw one episode and then the results.

But based on that one episode, Theresa was cool. So was Kalan (all the girls seemed to scream for him).
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#11
Posted: 8/22/04 at 12:33pm
Theresa is VERY cool but I'm surprised she's lasted this long. She's a farm-grown jazz singer from the praries, so I think it's awesome she's still in this thing.
And you would be talking about producer/manager/general a-hole Zack Werner.
The thing I haven't liked about Canadian Idol from the beginning is how the judges and Ben try to mimic the American Idol judges. It just doesn't fly....Canadians are so thirsty for their own identity that MORE American mimicking makes us queasy.
Type_A_Tiff
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#12
Posted: 8/26/04 at 11:33pm
Bumping up this thread cuz I'm watching the show right now.

Exactly what the hell is John Dore's purpose aside from being "Bert" to Ben's "Ernie". *wink*

I usually like Jacob from BC but god, is he annoying me during the summer medly thing. Maybe it's just because he looks too much like he's camera-hogging and over-acting, but it's just cuz he's got a much better entertainer-instict than any of the other contestants.

Side note: Wouldn't Jacob be great in Rent as Roger?
"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#13
Posted: 8/26/04 at 11:37pm
Jacob, is ausome, he has the most annoying lip-ring though, I think that him and kalan are the cutest, i'm suprised that jacob has a girlfriend tho....he dosen't strik me as, well, stright! re: Canadian Idol
Link Larkin Wanabe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#14
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:02am
Hah Jacob reminds me of me and my friends sometimes in his hyperactive A.D.D. ways. Flamoyancy doesn't equal gay always...hah...take me for example.

Akiva
Type_A_Tiff
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#15
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:56am
Shneb, Jacob has a girlfriend?! Was it the pretty French-looking one in the audience? I totally didn't expect that either.

Kind of sad to see Shane booted off this week. I think Dimples Dude (what's his name again?) should've went. Shane has a lot more potential for improvement, if only he chose better songs! (He mangled - MANGLED! - The Darkness! Why god why?!)

judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Canadian Idol#16
Posted: 8/27/04 at 11:37am
I was sad to see Elena go, I know her from school (she was in first-year drama with me), and I thought she did a fantastic job.

When they were still in the doubles competition, the judges told Kallan he would win this thing. More recently, one said it would take a nuclear war to make him not win.
I think he's got it in the bag, what with all the teenage girls voting. He's cute, the other guys are great too, but with Kallan's 16-year-old-charm-and-good-looks-and-voice, armed with screaming teenyboppers, they don't stand a chance.
elphie bowles Profile Photoelphie bowles Profile Photo
elphie bowles
Swing
Swing
re: Canadian Idol#17
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:39pm
as long as it's jacob and kalan in the TOP two i'm happy!
Updated On: 8/27/04 at 12:39 PM

Page: 1