Page: 1

Nancy LaMott recordings news...

KMF_NYC Profile PhotoKMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nancy LaMott recordings news...#0
Posted: 8/13/04 at 10:53am
From Andrew Gans "Diva talk" -- I have been waiting for the J. Schwartz recording to be released -- YIPPIE -- Nancy lives on...for those of you not tuned into the cabaret scene -- get your hands on these recordings -- they are sublime and I miss my friend Nancy very much...at least we have these gifts...

I was very happy to learn that LML Music, which was founded by Lee Lessack, and David Friedman's Midder Music have inked a deal that will allow LML to distribute the recordings of the late, great singer Nancy LaMott. LaMott, who lost her battle with cancer in 1995 at the age of 44, was blessed with one of, if not the, most beautiful voices in the cabaret world: a rich, lush, honey-toned sound that could be soft, sweet and creamy one minute and big and belty the next. She also possessed a remarkable ability to find the emotional center of any song, bringing a lyric to life as honestly as possible. Beginning in January 2005, LML will begin selling LaMott's recordings, which have mostly been unavailable for the past few years. Those recordings, all originally released on the Midder label, include “Beautiful Baby,” “Come Rain or Come Shine: The Songs of Johnny Mercer,” “My Foolish Heart,” “Just in Time for Christmas” and “Listen to My Heart” as well as the posthumously issued “What’s Good About Goodbye?" LML will also distribute compilation and live recordings of LaMott that have never before been released. I've heard that the first "new" recording may be a live Tavern on the Green concert or a compilation of the unreleased tunes Jonathan Schwartz plays on his radio program. Stay tuned for more.
"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie
Updated On: 8/13/04 at 10:53 AM
Broadwayboobs Profile PhotoBroadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nancy LaMott news...#1
Posted: 8/13/04 at 10:58am
YEA !!! I think I need a new “What’s Good About Goodbye?" ...I played the crap out of the one I have. re: Nancy LaMott news...
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nancy LaMott news...#2
Posted: 8/13/04 at 11:00am
That was a scary thread title...thought she had somehow reappeared...
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nancy LaMott news...#3
Posted: 8/13/04 at 11:49am
I see you changed the title so as not to frighten others!! Very thoughtful. Thanks.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
KMF_NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nancy LaMott news...#4
Posted: 8/13/04 at 11:53am
thank you Rath...great KZ shot
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nancy LaMott news...#5
Posted: 8/13/04 at 11:56am
thanks! Were you happy with how LCS turned out, by the way? I was.
KMF_NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nancy LaMott news...#6
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:08pm
Yeah -- I did not see the show last night but glad of the three John won...
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nancy LaMott news...#7
Posted: 8/13/04 at 3:23pm
Nancy LaMott was/is one of my favorite singers of all time. A dear friend turned me on to her work only months before she passed away, and I was so sad to have missed the opportunity to hear her sing live. I love her recordings and am so glad that they are all being made available once again - anyone studying the art of presenting a lyric with truth - listen to those recordings!
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
KMF_NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nancy LaMott news...#8
Posted: 8/13/04 at 3:29pm
Redhot
She was even better live -- I had the great opportunity to see her many many times. One of the best was on an RSVP cruise -- went to hear here every night -- most times it was a small crowd (the boys were playing in their underwear), so she basically did an open-mike -- what do you want to hear....

On that same cruise we hit REALLY bad weather and for two days we were in serious storms -- the headliners could not get to the ship so she performed in the main theater -- in between songs a water pipe burst -- queens screaming -- Nancy did not miss a beat and started singing There's Got to Be a Morning After.... the place went wild!