Pet Peeves

Grotesque_Teriyaki Profile PhotoGrotesque_Teriyaki Profile Photo
Grotesque_Teriyaki
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Pet Peeves#0
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:22pm
Is that even how you spell pet peeves? Anyway...everyone has them... tell me tell me!
"Lord, why do you watch from the sidelines when it's being fought on the front lines. Take me into your collection. Lord, I've kinda lost my conviction...." -HYDE, Masquerade
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#1
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:24pm
People who throw their cigarette on the sidewalk and don't stamp on it to put it out. Really bugs me for some reason.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
JohnPopa Profile PhotoJohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#2
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:28pm
People who stop in doorways.

GO INTO THE ROOM AND LET THE PEOPLE BEHIND YOU GET THROUGH THE DOOR.
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#3
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:29pm
Me, having to go back on Maury for the 5th time next week because I still haven't found out who my baby daddy is.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#4
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:30pm
JP - thats one of mine also. Why DO people throw cigarette butts on the floor, anyway? cant they put out the cigarette and then deposit it in a trash recepticle? I hate it when people litter the streets as though their mother was gonna come along and clean up after them.
And don't get me started on mothers with baby carriages in NYC...OY, Possums!
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#5
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:30pm
Surely the man in your icon is your baby's daddy?
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
Grotesque_Teriyaki Profile PhotoGrotesque_Teriyaki Profile Photo
Grotesque_Teriyaki
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Pet Peeves#6
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:33pm
i hate (and this is weird) when people drink soda and leave the little gap around the lid filled with soda...

does that make sense?

I'f not I'll explain it again...somehow...
"Lord, why do you watch from the sidelines when it's being fought on the front lines. Take me into your collection. Lord, I've kinda lost my conviction...." -HYDE, Masquerade
joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#7
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:37pm
people who take up more room on the sidewalk than their body requires... groups of people who need to spread their groups out on the sidewalk and not let anyone else by... people walking and talking on cellphones oblivious to those around them... honkers... solicitors on the sidewalk who grab your arm to get your attention... some of today's fashion sense (see thread "Strange Fashion")...
BroadwayMonkey Profile PhotoBroadwayMonkey Profile Photo
BroadwayMonkey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#8
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:38pm
When someone has part of their collar turned up, and they're not aware of it. Also, when there's dust on the TV.
Real men are tenors.
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#9
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:39pm
Solicitors on the sidewalk who don't take no for an answer as well:

"Excuse me"
"sorry, I can't stop"
"but it will only take a moment"
"no, I can't stop"
"but if I could just..."
"I SAID I CAN'T STOP ASSHOLE!"
Broadwayboobs Profile PhotoBroadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#10
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:39pm
People who have babies and don't know who the father is.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#11
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:40pm
OMG Matt I TOTALLY hate that!!! When you get to number 12 and you STILL haven't found the babydaddy!!! I keep promising myself that someday I'll keep some kind of records...
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
ponine24601
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#12
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:40pm
-when you open a door for someone and they don't say 'thank you'.
-when people pronounce names wrong.
"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon
midtowngym Profile Photomidtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#13
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:43pm
my pet peeve is when my pet pees (on my bed). It may sound like fun because it rhymes, but it's not.
'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston
Bobby457 Profile PhotoBobby457 Profile Photo
Bobby457
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#14
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:49pm
ok....I have been wanting to do this thread forever!!!

subway- MOVE TO THE FRIGGIN MIDDLE OF THE TRAIN IF THERE IS NO ONE THERE!

Walk in straight line down the dang sidewalk and quit walking back and forth in front of me!
"It never bothered me that she called me a c*nt, it bothered me that I answered to it!" Carol Channing about Ethel Merman filming an episode of "The Love Boat"
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#15
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:50pm
Another subway one - let me off before you get on!! Guess what - more room for you that way!!!
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#16
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:51pm
Oh yes, moving down on crowded subway trains. This morning I got filthy looks and lots of tutting from people as I politely said "excuse me" and moved into the centre of the car as they were all crowding around the door. It made me want to scream.
Broadwayboobs Profile PhotoBroadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#17
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:51pm
I'm sorry Bobby..I keep walking back and forth in front of you hoping that one day you'll notice me...I'll stop now *hangs head and walks away*.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
KMF_NYC Profile PhotoKMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#18
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:52pm
I'm not sure there is enough room...but my biggest

People who go to the grocery store, fill a cart with food/stuff, stand there while each item gets rung up until the order is complete AND THEN searches for the checkbook in her purse to start writing it out....

I mean serioulsy -- did she think the groceries were going to be free this week???
"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie
BroadwayDiva Profile PhotoBroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#19
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:52pm
It annoys me SO much when people confuse "good" and "well", or they say "quick" instead of "quickly". Or, they mess up any other easy grammar mistakes that can be avoided by actually paying attention in school.
I have my books and my poetry to protect me...
KMF_NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#20
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:53pm
or how about people that feel the need to STOP at the top of a staircase or doorway
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#21
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:54pm
Oh yes, I hate when the doorway is so squished by people trying to get in, and then I see there's freaking space in the middle. And I hate when people put their bags on a seat when it's an obviously crowded train. I will say "excuse me" so they move it, so I can sit down.

I hate my elevator. I hate it, hate it. Today it probably took as long as the train does from Queensborough Plaza to 59th and Lex to get to my floor. And don't even start me when someone will say, get on at 33, and get off at 34. It grates on my nerves.

And lastly, I hate when I'm stuck on a narrow street, and a slow car is in front of me, and I'm basically stuck. I have no patience for slow drivers.
Updated On: 8/11/04 at 02:54 PM
Bobby457 Profile PhotoBobby457 Profile Photo
Bobby457
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#22
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:56pm
Yes, Rath!

People who knock you down trying to get somewhere and low and behold they are going to the same staircase you are and they take each step as if its going to kill them!

Hold the door for someone and not getting a Thank you ticks me off! That was a good one.

People (women especially, sorry ladies) at the grocery store who waits till the cashier TOTALS her order, THEN she gets her wallet out of her purse....oh not enough cash????? Ill write a check!!
"It never bothered me that she called me a c*nt, it bothered me that I answered to it!" Carol Channing about Ethel Merman filming an episode of "The Love Boat"
KMF_NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#23
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:57pm
Bobby -- are we the same person????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pet Peeves#24
Posted: 8/11/04 at 2:59pm
Oh! People who stop the elevator doors from closing so they can get on! Because this usually results in another person doing the same thing until the whole car is packed.

Page: 1