Mary Kay Letourneau

~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mary Kay Letourneau#0
Posted: 8/4/04 at 5:31pm
She was released from jail this morning.
I believe she has been in prison since 1998.
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!
NYadgal Profile PhotoNYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#1
Posted: 8/4/04 at 5:39pm
What a mess she's made of her life.

I hope she is able to find some sort of peace out of the public eye.
"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#2
Posted: 8/4/04 at 6:45pm
The name sounds familiar.

Is she the teacher who slept with and then had two children with her 14 year-old student?
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#3
Posted: 8/4/04 at 6:49pm
Is that why they showed the MARY KAY LETOURNEAU movie on Lifetime last night?
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
bythesword84 Profile Photobythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#4
Posted: 8/4/04 at 6:50pm
Has it been that long already? That whole situation was beyond messed up.
And hang on, when did you win the discus?
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#5
Posted: 8/4/04 at 6:54pm
And the fact that she was married and had four kids makes it even stranger.

Zola Q. LaPlaya Profile PhotoZola Q. LaPlaya Profile Photo
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#6
Posted: 8/4/04 at 7:08pm
Oh, please, the bitch will probably have her own talk show within six months on FOX, fair and balanced news.
Stop worrying about what I'm doing -- focus instead on what you're eating.
bythesword84
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#7
Posted: 8/4/04 at 7:11pm
Zola, I'd actually laugh at that if I didn't sadly think it could be true. How many book deals do you think she'll get?
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#8
Posted: 8/4/04 at 8:19pm
I don't know, but I just read an article that said that a judge ruled that she is allowed to make money and profit from her 'experience'.

bythesword84
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#9
Posted: 8/4/04 at 8:26pm
Someone remind me to go out and do something really disgusting and stupid. It'll be worth messing up a few years of my life when I can get a ton of money for it later because it was an 'experience.'
SMichaelK Profile PhotoSMichaelK Profile Photo
SMichaelK
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#10
Posted: 8/4/04 at 8:55pm
maybe she can be on the next celebrity boxing special against Heidi Fleiss *rolls eyes*
You, you are the worst thing to happen to musical theater since Andrew Lloyd Webber... and you I just don't like you.
millie_dillmount Profile Photomillie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#11
Posted: 8/4/04 at 8:57pm
Wasn't there recently an article about her, or maybe another teacher, in one of those teen magazines (I think Seventeen)?
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#12
Posted: 8/4/04 at 9:10pm
What scares me is she is calling it love!
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#13
Posted: 8/4/04 at 9:11pm
And the kid, now 21, is trying to have the restaining order removed, so that they can 'begin their life together again'?

Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#14
Posted: 8/4/04 at 9:16pm
Just for sake of arguement - who's to say it isn't love? There have been other matings that are far more seperated by years. And to use one of gay people's most winning arguements - why would they chose this otherwise? What is there for them to gain except each other? It seems to me that a lot of preconceptions are being used against them. He WAS 14, not 8 - and if we live in an age when kids are accepted as having more awarenesses earlier than ever before, why does this have to be an 'impossible' situation? And even if you justify taking them away from each other while he is young, at 21 NO ONE should have anything to say about it.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#15
Posted: 8/4/04 at 9:23pm
And according to the dictates of our society, they were seperated, and she was denied her liberties. And now he is saying they want to be together - should they be denied?
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#16
Posted: 8/4/04 at 9:30pm
I, personally, would never set myself up as the judge of someone's head nor heart like that, but I absolutely understand the impulses involved behind those that do. And then there's those two children . . .
bythesword84
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#17
Posted: 8/4/04 at 11:38pm
The thing is, if she had started a relationship with him now it wouldn't be a big deal. They might get a few frowns or comments from people but that happens whenever there is a significant age difference.

However, nowhere is it acceptable to have a relationship like that with a student. I don't see how it's possible for her to mentally justify that. She had to have ripped apart her family, that boy, and his family. I understand this happens all the time, but how can an adult woman not see something wrong when it is a 14 year old student? Granted they can do whatever they want now, but that whole situation must have done a number on that boy. I think Undiscovered is right, he probably is seeing it as different than it was.
NativeNewYorker
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#18
Posted: 8/5/04 at 12:52am
If it was a 14-year-old girl getting pregnant by her 35-year-old male teacher..would anyone even QUESTION if that was okay? Especially if the guy was arguing, "It was love" and "she wanted it." COME ON.

Honestly, I hope they find peace...but I just don't get it...I hope her kids from her first marriage are okay...can you imagine what "Mommy is in jail for having a baby with a boy my age" would do to a kid????

jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#19
Posted: 8/5/04 at 12:53am
Actually, he was 12 when this happened. As for whether or not they should be allowed to be together now, I have heard strong arguments on both sides. However, if they CAN be proven to be good parents despite all of this, I say they should be allowed to be together.
Updated On: 8/5/04 at 12:53 AM
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#20
Posted: 8/5/04 at 1:04am
well, probably for two reasons:

1. She is a woman or more importantly, the victim was a male--there is a slight double standard on these cases

2. It was statutory rape, not actual rape (meaning, no force)
bythesword84
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#21
Posted: 8/5/04 at 2:23am
I just thought I'd say that I just finished reading that whole article and it really was fascinating. It's one of those things where you know full well that it's real but when you read about it, it just appears so completely bizaar that you can't find a way to rationalize it.

The part about it that strikes me as the stickiest is that they both want to raise the children and they both want to do that together, regardless of whether they end up together, yet they can't because of the no contact order. That has to be weird for the kids. There's really no winning in this situation and there's also no clear cut answer to it.
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#22
Posted: 8/5/04 at 6:41am
Actually the sickest thing to be was HIS MOTHER couldn't see what the problem was why wouldn't people just leave them alone co they loved each other? YIKES!!!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
marlomanners
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#23
Posted: 8/6/04 at 1:47pm
I can't wait for the reality show.
www.isawearthlings.com
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kay Letourneau#24
Posted: 8/6/04 at 1:58pm
what upsets me most is the fact, that if this had been a male teacher people would be screaming for blood.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien