Page: 1

help with mystery lyric

TxTwoStep Profile PhotoTxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
help with mystery lyric#0
Posted: 7/2/03 at 6:39pm
I tried Google, but no luck. The lyric could be associated with Judy Garland, but I'm not sure. It goes a little something like this:

You think you're cute, you think you're sweet
Well let me tell you, you can't be beat
You've got what...at-tracts me.

That little nose, that funny smile
It all together makes life worthwhile
You've got what...at-tracts me.

If you should ever go away
I don't know what I'll do
'Cause your face means so much to me
I'll always want it smiling through...

I think you're cute, I think you're sweet
From the top of your head to your little feet
You've got what....at-tracts me.

Logically, the title would be YOU'VE GOT WHAT ATTRACTS ME, but I can't find that reference. Anyone know the song, or better yet, a recording or sheet music I could get? thanx if you can help.
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: help with mystery lyric#1
Posted: 7/2/03 at 7:50pm
worse comes to worse u could try ASCAP they always seem to know who wrote what.
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: help with mystery lyric#2
Posted: 7/2/03 at 8:00pm
Why does George Gershwin's FUNNY FACE come to mind?
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
TxTwoStep Profile PhotoTxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: help with mystery lyric#3
Posted: 7/3/03 at 1:18pm
tried ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC to no avail, also www.allmusic.com. Gonna try Gershwin next, good call. Any help appreciated!
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: help with mystery lyric#4
Posted: 7/3/03 at 1:25pm
I think it sounds like an early Berlin lyric. I am pretty big Judy fan and it doesn't sound familiar to me.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: help with mystery lyric#5
Posted: 7/3/03 at 1:36pm
The Gershwins wrote a song called "You've Got What Gets Me" could that be it? I could not find the lyrics, only the title on a Gershwin search.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Never mind, I just found those lyrics and it is not what you are looking for. Keep trying. Good luck!
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: help with mystery lyric#7
Posted: 7/3/03 at 8:34pm
I do have to ask the obvious question....why do you need to know. These are such poor lyrics. Why is knowing the origins so important?

Yours for a better Broadway!
Belter
Stand-by
Stand-by
Lincoln Center Library#8
Posted: 7/4/03 at 7:46am
If you are in NYC, go to the Lincoln Center Library for the Performing Arts. On the Second Floor they have a card index file with songs listed by first line of lyrics. Sorry, I don't recognize the lyrics you posted.