Page: 1

Gay Marriage/Sept 11th ???

Broadwayboobs Profile PhotoBroadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Gay Marriage/Sept 11th ???#0
Posted: 7/23/04 at 12:30pm
Our leaders in Washington are saying they can't address the 9/11 Report Issued yesterday until next year some time. The legislative calendar is "booked" solid.

Yet, when it came time to debate the Marriage Amendment last week they cleared their schedules and gave it their highest priority. Why even yesterday, right after the 9/11 report was issued the Congress passed their own version of the "Marriage Protection Act". Priorities are what seem to be at issue here. I don't know about any of you but when something is a priority at work I have to get it done even if it means working 24/7. We need to get a message to our hired hands down there in DC that they have to put in some overtime and address the issues and suggestions brought up in their bipartisan 9/11 report.

Use this to write an e-mail to your Congressmen:

http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Use this to write to your Senators:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Tell them our safety and not legislation they want to push through before a possible Presidential change in November is what is important to you. Make it short and sweet.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Updated On: 7/23/04 at 12:30 PM
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage/Sept 11th ???#1
Posted: 7/23/04 at 2:59pm
Amen BB, what twits!!
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage/Sept 11th ???#2
Posted: 7/23/04 at 3:03pm
You mean you haven't figured out yet that two men in love or two women in love wanting to marry each other is more of a threat than terrorists?? WHERE have you been? Have you listened to NOTHING Bush tells you??
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage/Sept 11th ???#3
Posted: 7/23/04 at 3:53pm
Never! BG2.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage/Sept 11th ???#4
Posted: 7/23/04 at 5:28pm
paise the lord mominator!
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage/Sept 11th ???#5
Posted: 7/23/04 at 5:52pm
The anti-gay marriage members of Congress are certainly going to have to explain why they wasted time that could have been spent protecting our country.
BWayBoy88
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage/Sept 11th ???#6
Posted: 7/24/04 at 1:30am
Shouldnt they be worried about our country's safety instead of being prejudice? Gay marriage doesnt harm anyone while terrorism does.
Updated On: 7/24/04 at 01:30 AM
Shut It Down Profile PhotoShut It Down Profile Photo
Shut It Down
Understudy
Understudy
re: Gay Marriage/Sept 11th ???#7
Posted: 7/24/04 at 1:51am
No!
Two people loving each other and wanting to protect their future by legal means is a major threat to the security of our country. Rick Santorum's dog told me so.
Please stop these people