Page: 1

real life Mama Roses

judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
real life Mama Roses#0
Posted: 7/21/04 at 10:13pm
So, what are your stage mother horror stories?
ponine24601
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#1
Posted: 7/21/04 at 10:14pm
my mom. it's a horror story in itself.
"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon
Updated On: 7/21/04 at 10:14 PM
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#2
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:38pm
I've met a few, and it's kind of unfortunate. Ironically enough, I met one through the recent broadway production of Gypsy. I won't name names, but a minute and a half into our conversation I could tell she had stage mom written all over her... and that was before I even knew she had a child in the show.
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#3
Posted: 7/22/04 at 11:21am
I have a horrible stage FATHER story..... I was ina production when I was a young teen and I had a BRATTY understudy. He had been an understudy of mine in another show, so I KNEW what I was in for when I heard he had been cast as my understudy again. After the first rehearsal, I had changed out of the clothes I had been wearing and was in the process of leaving. as I walked by a slightly open door, I heard voices. My understudy's father was chatizing the director for casting his son as the understudy, saying that I was a no talent hack and that his son deserveds the role more than I and was listing off EVERY accomplishment his brat son had ever had -- most had NOTHINg to do with performing at all. THEN during rehearsals, the brat started spreading rumors about me around the cast. It was NOt apleasant experience.
ponine24601
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#4
Posted: 7/22/04 at 11:22am
o god. i HATE people like that. doing things like that will never get you a great role. it's so unprofessional.
"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon
BWayBoy88
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#5
Posted: 7/22/04 at 12:37pm
Did anyone see Showbiz Moms and Dads on Bravo. There were some pretty good examples of stage moms on that show.
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#6
Posted: 7/22/04 at 1:38pm
That show was AWESOME.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#7
Posted: 7/22/04 at 1:39pm
Yes, we were all addicted to that show.

As a matter of fact, I run into Duncan Nutter all the time.... always in Shubert Alley though, which I find quite amusing. Of course, that means ONE of us is spending too much time there....

.... he needs to find a new place to hang out! re: real life Mama Roses
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#8
Posted: 7/22/04 at 2:05pm
He's hoping a producer will walk through and discover him.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#9
Posted: 7/22/04 at 2:10pm
The absolute worst are beauty-pageant mothers. It's a miracle that Jon-Benet Ramsey was an isolated case.
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#10
Posted: 7/22/04 at 2:15pm
DGrant, I've known mothers of child actors who have made them go on sick with fevers, etc. Pop star or wannabee pop star children/teens are also subjected to grueling hours, no time off, etc. Beauty pageant mothers get the worst rap, but believe me - there are horrid mothers in all aspects of the biz.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#11
Posted: 7/22/04 at 2:21pm
Oh, Rathnait, I know - and I believe you have seen some horrible things. Unfortunately, most parenting choices these days should be considered 'horible things.' Not ALL, i just said MOST (So don't throw anything at me, Mominator!) I nominate Ethel Gumm for poster child.
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#12
Posted: 7/22/04 at 2:33pm
Poor Ethel.
BWayBoy88
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#13
Posted: 7/23/04 at 1:14am
The mother of the little girl who did the pagents was the worst stage mom on that show.
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#14
Posted: 7/23/04 at 9:57am
Oh I don't know about that. Shane's mom wasn't as bad?? Be serious!!! And Duncan Nutter takes the cake.
~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#15
Posted: 7/23/04 at 11:10am
BWayBoy88, I believe you are talking about the mother of former Miss Grand National Star Grand Supreme, Swan Brunner.
She was featured in the documentary "Living Dolls"

Sadly, Swan's mother died about a year after the documentary was filmed.
She and her younger brother are living in Alaska with relatives.
(And her half-brother Bubba was back in juvy again, last I checked)
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: real life Mama Roses#16
Posted: 7/23/04 at 11:15am
Kirsten Dunst's mon is a real .... female dog!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian