Page: 1

NIGHTMARE.....

broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
NIGHTMARE.....#0
Posted: 6/28/04 at 1:50pm
Okay.. Saturday night I recorded Nightmare On Elm Street and Wes Craven's New Nightmare.. YAY for Tivo. I watched them last night.....and first off, I HAVE to say that even with amuch smaller budget and a few VERY bad special effects (the crash pad under teh window is COMPLETELY visible when Nancy is being chsed by Freddy at the end), the original runs rings around the sequel (but the sequel had better Freddy make up).

Of course, just like when I was ayoung child and saw the film (and my father held my eyes open while pressing my face to the screen and saying that when I went to bed, Freddy was going to kill me for being a bad child),I had a nightmare last night... but it had a decidely Broadway theme... (yes, I was listening to some cast recordings while falling asleep)

I was being chased by Freddy Kreuger (duh)...but making appearances in the dream where John Hill, Adam Fleming, Serge Kushnier, Jessica Grove, Todd Michel Smith, Shayna Steele, Tracee Beazer, Carly Jibson, and even more Broadway performers.. it was REALLY wierd..
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NIGHTMARE.....#1
Posted: 6/28/04 at 1:57pm
and my father held my eyes open while pressing my face to the screen and saying that when I went to bed, Freddy was going to kill me for being a bad child

This part of your message disturbs me.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
JohnPopa Profile PhotoJohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NIGHTMARE.....#2
Posted: 6/28/04 at 1:58pm
I can pretty much recite the original 'Nightmare' line for line.
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NIGHTMARE.....#3
Posted: 6/28/04 at 2:03pm
That is a true story though. He also told me that is I went into the deep end of the swimming pool, JAWS would eat me because I was bad, and when I was about 5, he threw a garden snake on me...and I have been terrified of ANY snakes ever since.As far as the 'jaws' things goes, I get in a pool with no trouble at all..but in a lake, where I can't see the bottom, I get a bit jumpy. And when I went camping at the beach thsi summer, I didn't go in past my knees till the second day and not to my armpits till the third.

I wouldn't go into dark places alone for about 2 years after the Nightmare on Elm Street thing.

Yes, my father is a very disturbing person.. these are just the tip of a Titanic sinking iceberg.
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NIGHTMARE.....#4
Posted: 6/28/04 at 2:09pm
Wow. I am actually at a loss for words.

In lighter news, I can pretty much recite the first Nightmare movie line for line, too.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NIGHTMARE.....#5
Posted: 6/28/04 at 2:12pm
I love the Nightmre films.... I find that horror movies are great for dates.. lots of excuses for physical contact!

Trust me, I could REALLY turn you speachless with stories of my 'father', the alcoholic Catholic.
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NIGHTMARE.....#6
Posted: 6/28/04 at 2:25pm
I don't like scary movies, but for some reason I really liked the original Nightmare on Elm Street...

as for your father - yeesh...
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NIGHTMARE.....#7
Posted: 6/28/04 at 2:28pm
isn't it amazing what people who call themselves "adults" will actually say and do to a poor defenseless child who is forming his/her character and opinions of the world? I am amazed once again at the brutality that constantly resurfaces on this planet.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NIGHTMARE.....#8
Posted: 6/28/04 at 2:28pm
isn't it amazing what people who call themselves "adults" will actually say and do to a poor defenseless child who is forming his/her character and opinions of the world? I am amazed once again at the brutality that constantly resurfaces on this planet.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NIGHTMARE.....#9
Posted: 6/28/04 at 4:20pm
I remember seeing the original Nightmare on Elm Street the night it opened (I was 14) in a little cinema in a tiny Texas town where my family owned a summer home. The theatre was PACKED and it was the scariest movie I had ever seen. My brother and I practically had to be scraped off the ceiling. With a full audience, it was a fun experience. No other scary movie thrilled me as much as that.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NIGHTMARE.....#10
Posted: 6/28/04 at 7:05pm
It just goes to show that special effects, though they can be thrilling when exectuted on a big budget, are not teh key factor in creating a truely freightening hooror movie.

Of course, my father and I do not get along at all..... Yes, there are those stories, but I can also include his other antics -- constant calling me 'fag', holding me down when I was younger and telling me brothers to 'kick my ass', kicking in my bedroom door once, getting drunk and passing out on the sidewalk outside of the house... I could go for DAYS
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NIGHTMARE.....#11
Posted: 6/28/04 at 7:26pm
The origial NIGHTMARE is one of my alltime favorite films. And I too, can recite it word for word. I saw it when I was 7 for the first time. I begged my dad to let me watch it with our next door neighbor. He finally agreed but sat me down and told me that anything I was going to see on the screen was fake. He took some of my mothers makeup and smeared it on my face and told me that's how they make people look different in movies and that's all it was. Makeup. Since than horror movies have never scared me. I will of course jump when something jumps out on the screen, but I've never had a nightmare because of them. I just did a NIGHTMARE marathon the other night before I went to bed.
Now, films like SILENCE OF THE LAMBS and SEVEN scare me though.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."