Gay Marriage

Broadwaybaby614 Profile PhotoBroadwaybaby614 Profile Photo
Broadwaybaby614
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Gay Marriage#0
Posted: 6/24/04 at 6:23pm
Okay, okay, controversial, I know, but I want your opinions. I am not gay, but I am a big supporter of gay marriage. What do you guys think?
"And now for something completely different..."
My Fair Lady Profile PhotoMy Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage#1
Posted: 6/24/04 at 6:25pm
Same
iruvyou Profile Photoiruvyou Profile Photo
iruvyou
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Gay Marriage#2
Posted: 6/24/04 at 6:32pm
I'm not gay either but i took a vow of silence in support of gay/lesbian's rights and discrimination and i'm a big supporter of same sex marriages
Bobby is my hobby and I'm givin' it up!
Broadwaybaby614
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Gay Marriage#3
Posted: 6/24/04 at 6:36pm
Wooo! Go us!
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage#4
Posted: 6/24/04 at 6:37pm
I'm so glad you guys agree that I should be afforded the same rights as any other American. Gee, it makes me feel all warm and tingly inside when people have discussions about whether or not I should be allowed to fall in love and marry someone. Thanks guys.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Broadwaybaby614
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Gay Marriage#5
Posted: 6/24/04 at 6:39pm
Ouch...do I feel a bit of sarcasm, Matt?
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage#6
Posted: 6/24/04 at 6:45pm
Yeah, you sense a bit. You don't see me asking people if they think you should have the right to go to school or if you should have the right to drive a car, do you?

I feel the same way when I see posts like this that I do when I hear our President telling Americans to hate us. If you think that Americans should all be allowed to live happy free lives, good for you. But please stop asking others if they agree with you. If you're not the one being discriminated against than it's just a little insulting to those who are.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Updated On: 6/24/04 at 06:45 PM
Broadwaybaby614
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Gay Marriage#7
Posted: 6/24/04 at 6:49pm
Eeeee...I'm really, REALLY sorry. I just wanted some opinions because the people here are intersting to talk to...I didn't mean to offend you at all! Please forgive.

And for what it's worth, the president is a d**k.

Sorry re: Gay Marriage
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage#8
Posted: 6/24/04 at 6:54pm
Don't worry about it. I didn't mean to come off as an ass. This issue has just been such an unnecessary debate for so long now and it's just something very frustrating to have to live through, especially since so many states are banning it and there are even entire counties that are trying to ban gay people outright.

All GLBT Americans need every bit of support we can get, especially now.
Broadwaybaby614
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Gay Marriage#9
Posted: 6/24/04 at 6:59pm
Thanks. I was going to say "I know how you feel", and then realized it was a stupid thing to say because I've never gone through it. Some of my friends ARE married (Massachusetts is a lovely state in the fall, what with the foliage and such :))Anyhoo, I'll stop posting on here now...
boborunstheshow Profile Photoboborunstheshow Profile Photo
boborunstheshow
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Gay Marriage#10
Posted: 6/24/04 at 10:19pm
Broadwaybaby, im going to stick up for you. No matter what his side is, nobody wins any points for getting crabby. Not even Matt.
Its Aberqurque NM for me. Speaking Spanish. Be Back September 06.
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage#11
Posted: 6/24/04 at 10:23pm
Oh, Bob. I was hoping you'd chime in!! I gave you my phone number so you could call me during the day to spew hate, but you haven't called!!! What gives??
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage#12
Posted: 6/24/04 at 10:29pm
I am gay and many of my gay friends may be shocked by what I have to say--especially since I have two adopted sons.

In my mind, MARRIAGE is for the procreation of the race. It is a sacrament. Members of the same sex cannot biologically conceive children. With that in mind, same sex unions are not marriages.

However, I strongly believe that two people who love each other should have their union recognized both legally and spiritually. Yes, I believe that churches should recognize and bless the unions of homosexual people.

Is it possible for us to come up with a name other than "marriage"?
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage#13
Posted: 6/24/04 at 10:32pm
Dolly, I have given that a lot of thought. And while yes, I do agree with you to a point, by not letting us be "Married" we won't be considered equals to those who can. I'm not sure if that makes much sense. I don't really know how to say what I'm thinking right now. (Long day at work) =)
boborunstheshow
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Gay Marriage#14
Posted: 6/24/04 at 10:45pm
happy to be here, matt

I was hardly spewing hate. i dont fully support all things gay, but i do have a great respect for those gay people who can take punches and laugh at them. I dont think there is anybody who enjoys support someone who is intent on playing a victim. You have a stance, and be proud if it. Dont let the comments about your lifestyle get your boxers in a knot. I promise for myself and others, you can be respected even if your stance is not.

Updated On: 6/24/04 at 10:45 PM
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage#15
Posted: 6/24/04 at 10:45pm
We aren't EQUAL to heterosexuals. We're superior!
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
boborunstheshow
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Gay Marriage#16
Posted: 6/24/04 at 10:48pm
and its bobo, you gay.
CurtainUp Profile PhotoCurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage#17
Posted: 6/24/04 at 10:51pm
Marriage is, many tiems, the happiest day in people's life. Should that happiness be taken away from them because of their different sexual orientation. I don't think it should.
Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Broadwaybaby614
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Gay Marriage#18
Posted: 6/24/04 at 11:33pm
Thanks for sticking up for me, Bobo, but I understand Matt's objection. It's stupid for me to talk about it if I'm not going through it. Anyway, I told him I'd stop posting...
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage#19
Posted: 6/24/04 at 11:34pm
Dollypop--that would be such a brilliant argument (certainly the anti-gay use it) if it weren't for all the heterosexual couples who can not procreate or who do not even want to procreate. Why should they be allowed to get married if marriage is for procreation only? Obviously, it isn't. And, sure "marriage" is a religious word. So, is "Christmas" and "Easter" and we don't deny these holidays to anyone. In fact, they have taken on quite secular meanings for many people.
Updated On: 6/24/04 at 11:34 PM
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage#20
Posted: 6/24/04 at 11:35pm
NO. GRRRR. I apologized, little squirrel. Don't stop posting. I was reading horrible things all day in some Republican Washington magazine someone left at work that pissed me off horribly so I was just on edge when I got home and read it.
aspiringguy715 Profile Photoaspiringguy715 Profile Photo
aspiringguy715
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage#21
Posted: 6/24/04 at 11:37pm
broadwaybaby has been officially dubbed little squirrel, i like it personally lol
Joel: Nope. Osidius, right there, swoop and cross.
Clementine: Shut the fuck up!
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Broadwaybaby614
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Gay Marriage#22
Posted: 6/24/04 at 11:47pm
hehe...I like it, too...

Okay, in that case Matt, I agree with JRB. Infertile couples can marry provided they're not of the same sex. And no, we DONT discriminate for holidays. So why is it any different? There are some people who say that "God didn't mean for marriage to be between a man and a man or a woman and a woman." Okay, so, what you're saying is that you're completely okay with witholding the right for someone to marry the one he/she loves because a god that my or may not exist and who not EVERYONE believes in supposedly said it was wrong? Have you ever sat down with God and said "Hey, by the way, what do you think of two men getting married, huh?". Yeah, I didn't think so.

And if you are going to go by what the bible says, you might as well ban the consumption of shellfish, too. Yes, there are verses in the bible about shellfish being abominations before God. (www.godhatesshrimp.com)

At one of the pro-gay rights rallies I went to, a woman had a sign that said "My pedifile priest is against gay marriage."
Broadwaybaby614
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Gay Marriage#23
Posted: 6/24/04 at 11:50pm
Oh, also, this is a great article :
Where is my gay apocolypse?
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Marriage#24
Posted: 6/24/04 at 11:51pm
Little Squirrel, you linked to this thread.