Page: 1

Another Reason to Hate Ang Lee

Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Another Reason to Hate Ang Lee#0
Posted: 6/3/04 at 5:11pm
I've always hated this guy's dull, passionless movies and now I have another reason: Robbing the world of a kissing scene with Gyllenhaal and Ledger is EVIL!!
Who saw this coming...?
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Ruffian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Another Reason to Hate Ang Lee#1
Posted: 6/3/04 at 5:25pm
What could he be (not) thinking?
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: another reason to hate ang lee#2
Posted: 6/3/04 at 5:29pm
damn sheep herders
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Another Reason to Hate Ang Lee#3
Posted: 6/3/04 at 5:29pm
I think (homo) Scott Rudin is producing the pitcha...hopefully he will bust his pansy ass in there and put this house in order!
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Another Reason to Hate Ang Lee#4
Posted: 6/3/04 at 5:33pm
Hmmmm. Ledger said on an interview that the sex scenes were pretty explicit and that he "enjoyed filming them". Very interesting.

Also, how the hell are you supposed to have a romance movie with any kissing? I love Ang Lee, but that pisses me off. Imagine GONE WITH THE WIND or CASABLANCA without a kiss. There was no sex in there, it wasn't needed - but those kisses lit up the screen.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Updated On: 6/3/04 at 05:33 PM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: another reason to hate ang lee#5
Posted: 6/3/04 at 5:36pm
oh come on, what's he gonna say? "that freakin' gyllenhaal's got some funky breath and the toe jam..ugh, only namo could love a boy like that! i'm just happy to not have to worry everyday about whether he's wearing socks and remembered to use the binaca."
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Another Reason to Hate Ang Lee#6
Posted: 6/3/04 at 5:38pm
I enjoy Lee's films (HULK aside, since I never saw it) and he has certainly dealt with gay issues before. He is not a homophobic director. I question the source. IMDB often uses tabloid rags to get their info. I think it's too early to jump to the conclusion that the gay aspect will be downplayed. Even if it is in the final result (which I doubt) we'll get all those deleted scenes to freeze frame and slow-mo on the DVD.
PEACE.
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Another Reason to Hate Ang Lee#7
Posted: 6/3/04 at 5:40pm
Ang Lee is pretty involved with his films on DVD. I'm sure that if anything is cut, it will show back up there.

I really don't know how true that source can be. Honestly, this is a GAY ROMANCE. People going to see it will most likely know this. We're not talking about having two guys fu*cking during Shrek.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Another Reason to Hate Ang Lee#8
Posted: 6/3/04 at 6:02pm
Up until The Hulk, I have adored Ang Lee films. The Wedding Banquet was quite gay, touching and humorous. Eat Drink Man Woman is one of my all-time favorites. Sense and Sensibility was gorgeous with an excellent screenplay and performances. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon deserved Best Picture that year in my opinion.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Another Reason to Hate Ang Lee#9
Posted: 6/3/04 at 6:06pm
His movies just leave me with a "ehh" feeling. Sense and Sensibility was pleasant but I liked Mansfield Park and Persuasion much much better. A samurai B-movie for the art-house crowd? I just don't get it. Like I said, no real passion, they're so cerebral...
Zola Q. LaPlaya Profile PhotoZola Q. LaPlaya Profile Photo
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Another Reason to Hate Ang Lee#10
Posted: 6/3/04 at 6:10pm
Best line of the day:

"...but Ang said two men herding sheep was far more sexual than two men having sex on screen."

He needs to see my Titan collection.

Stop worrying about what I'm doing -- focus instead on what you're eating.
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Another Reason to Hate Ang Lee#11
Posted: 6/3/04 at 6:17pm
egzactly- Blockbuster( lordy i remeber when that had another conatation)movies will always skirt the issue of alt sex behaviors, It won't play in the small town heartland and that means it won't make $$$. Gay or not Rudin worships @ the shrine of success @ gay sex is still to nervous making for the public.
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian