Page: 1

REMEMBER WHEN

SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
REMEMBER WHEN#0
Posted: 5/21/04 at 1:19pm
We thought "King Stevos is Hot" was a long and silly thread?

We thought the most important thing to discuss was Bernadette/Marissa?

George W. Bush was just a joke and not a dangerous moron?

Eddie Varley was just plain old SheekalaREMEMBER WHEN?

We all knew that the PM option of this board was really for PMs and not personal attacks?

We did not use the message board threads in place of PMs or Chat Room conversations?

We were all just getting to know each other and respected each others opinions without resorting to threats and name-calling?

Ah, the good old days

PEACE.
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#1
Posted: 5/21/04 at 1:28pm
Yep, those were the days
http://www.danperezgallery.com
EddieVarley Profile PhotoEddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#2
Posted: 5/21/04 at 1:29pm
That was before the Dark Times, before the Empire....

And I hear Sheekala will be there Sunday!
Are you following BroadwayWorld.com yet on Facebook & Twitter? click here.
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#3
Posted: 5/21/04 at 1:30pm
Are you referring to the Clone Wars?

The shift that happened after much discussion of clone-like chorus boys?
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#4
Posted: 5/21/04 at 1:39pm
Yes! We have definitely had an Attack of the Clones!
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#5
Posted: 5/21/04 at 2:17pm
those WERE the good old days...and it seems like only in the past month or so has the place gone to hell in a handbasket. I always thought that the off-topic board was for items that were still somehow distantly related to theater or film or entertainment in general...but I must have been wrong about that...
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#6
Posted: 5/21/04 at 2:18pm
nope--it was for anything :)

redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#7
Posted: 5/21/04 at 2:53pm
thats too bad, actually, because now it has turned into a political and sexual forumn and its gotten very much out of hand. I think the lube thread alone is about as rank as it gets. I mean - I can understand people needing to express themselves but there are definitely better websites for that kind of talk, if you ask me.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#8
Posted: 5/21/04 at 2:56pm
Respectfully, some might argue that Gilmore Girls threads are in the same league. We are a diverse community and this outlet provides different things for different people. Viva la difference!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW--WHAT A RIDE!!!!""
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#9
Posted: 5/21/04 at 3:09pm
touche'. But my point was that Gilmore Girls is about the entertainment industry which is what the majority of this board is here for. I applaud people for following their interests, but a thread about lube comparisons on a board where young innocent people can log on and read it...well..that smacks of crassness to me.
Only an opinion.
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#10
Posted: 5/21/04 at 3:09pm
Just curious, red hot--were you always this moral, or just since you got a boyfriend? :)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#11
Posted: 5/21/04 at 3:17pm
Remember when mentioning "rack" on this board was in reference to something that held bikes?
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#12
Posted: 5/21/04 at 3:18pm
jrb - I've pretty much always been like this. Not sure if Moral is the word you're looking for. Before my bf, I certainly went through my promiscuous phases, and I am certainly not against sex by any means - have a blast...but don't freaking TALK about it in front of impressionable youth. (when I say don't talk about it, I mean the sleazy side of sex. Talk about sexual education all you want to in the proper forum - I am a FIRM believer in pro-choice and condoms being made available in schools, etc) but I just think that a place called Broadway World is not a place to hit on guys and talk about your most recent, or soon-to-be, sexual encounters,(from a gay standpoint,M4M, Manhunt,Outpersonals etc; are sites for that kind of expression..) or what you like to do to whom. Being out and proud is one thing, but being smutty in front of impressionable minds is a totally different ball game. Yes I am very old-fashioned on that score.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#13
Posted: 5/21/04 at 3:21pm
Remember when the Mineshaft was still open?
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
glitzguy3 Profile Photoglitzguy3 Profile Photo
glitzguy3
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#14
Posted: 5/21/04 at 3:25pm
mamamiasammy liked me?
mamamia sammy Profile Photomamamia sammy Profile Photo
mamamia sammy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#15
Posted: 5/21/04 at 3:43pm
no.
BroadwayWorld: A home for the dangerously unhinged
WindyCityActor Profile PhotoWindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#16
Posted: 5/21/04 at 3:59pm
Every other topic wasn't about "Wicked?"
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#17
Posted: 5/21/04 at 4:02pm
Windy - AMEN TO THAT, BIG GUY!
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#18
Posted: 5/21/04 at 4:12pm
there *wasn't* an off topic board and it was a challenge to be able to discuss things that weren't about theater? Even at its most dysfunctional, I love the OT board.

I have to say that that I *have* noticed a disturbing trend for conversations that used to take place in PMs to be carried out in public on the board. And serious threads are increasingly hijacked by a predictable few and turned into yet another sexual flirtation thread. While I'm not a advocate of censorship in any form, it does seem that people could self-edit what they post a little more, keeping in mind the broad spectrum of ages that post here.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Updated On: 5/21/04 at 04:12 PM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
nope#19
Posted: 5/21/04 at 4:26pm
i guess i musta missed those salad days of bww.com. i came in with the bitter shrill queens.

i think there are plenty of flirtation threads now. heck, vish and i even do a hetero schtick in our thread!

warts and all, i'm durn happy with the off topic board. thanks rob and craig for the gift!
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
nope#20
Posted: 5/21/04 at 4:28pm
I think that was before my time.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: REMEMBER WHEN#21
Posted: 5/21/04 at 4:31pm
I agree with you Redhot. There is nothing wrong with a littel inncoent flirtation, some innuendo, jokes that are of a sexual nature. Most of us do it but, some of the comments and conversations are inappropraite. It has nothing to do with being moral, or censoring someone's expression of their sexual orientation or being a prude. The fact is that this board is frequented by a number of different people including underaged kids and it's only common respect to be careful how graphic one gets.

Please don't give the old "If they don't like the thread they don't have to read it" defense. Taht is acceptable for most topics but, graphic sexual topics shoudl be discussed privately or on a site designed for that.
http://www.danperezgallery.com