Page: 1

Liza Minnelli summer concert tour.

DAME Profile PhotoDAME Profile Photo
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Liza Minnelli summer concert tour.#0
Posted: 5/4/04 at 8:04pm
Liza is going on a summer concert tour . I am going to catch it July 23 in Atlanta. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the Chastain Park venue ? ( and I don't mean the bushes)
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 5/4/04 at 08:04 PM
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Minnelli summer concert tour.#1
Posted: 5/6/04 at 12:34am
Anyone?
Chenofano Profile PhotoChenofano Profile Photo
Chenofano
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Liza Minnelli summer concert tour.#2
Posted: 5/6/04 at 12:53am
YAY FOR LIZA! I have to see this. Liza is the queen of hussys.
"Come on baby, Mamas gotta sparkle! It's time to make life a Cabaret!" - Liza urging a blue M&M to let her eat him.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Minnelli summer concert tour.#3
Posted: 5/6/04 at 12:54am
I hope Absolut is the sponsor. Absolutly Legendary! And that the show opens with Liza punching a dwarf in the face.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Minnelli summer concert tour.#4
Posted: 5/6/04 at 1:01am
Oh that would make my night.
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Minnelli summer concert tour.#5
Posted: 5/6/04 at 7:14am
"I'll takesh ya all on wish one hand tied behindsh my backsh!"
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
junglered Profile Photojunglered Profile Photo
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Minnelli summer concert tour.#6
Posted: 5/6/04 at 10:22am
Hello, Dame! Chastain Park is a fantastic venue for a concert. Spending an evening there is the quintessential Atlanta summer event. The venue is an open air amphitheater next to a park in the middle of a residential neighborhood in Atlanta. You sit under the stars and with mature magnolia trees surrounding the venue. There are noise control limits at Chastain (in other words Liza can't crank it to ear drum splitting volume) and concerts cannot go past 11:00PM (or the artist faces strict fines) as it is the most highly regulated concert venue in the nation. However, the atmosphere is often magical. EVERYONE brings wine, candles and gourmet outdoor picnic fare. Many have tables laden with flowers and elaborate settings. The "Crowd" can be as much of the scene as the performers sometimes. All different sorts of music are performed here. The Atlanta Symphony has its Summer Pops ("Classic Chastain") series here every year. The Liza show that you are attanding is a part of that series. I generally go to Chastain about 12 times each summer for concerts. I've seen all kinds of artists there from James Taylor, Harry Connick Jr.,Steely Dan, Chicago,Kenny Loggins,the B-52s, Chris Isaak, Joni Mitchell, Tony Bennett... to divas like Whitney Houston, Bernadette Peters, Diana Ross, Donna Summer, and Boy George. There are two in-park caterers who you can pre-order dinners from, but I suggest that you stop by a place called "Eatzi's" in Buckhead on the way to pick up a gourmet-prepared meal for you and your friends. I will be at Chastain several times this summer. I will be going Sat. the 14th of May to open the season at the Fleetwood Mac concert. Let me know if I can provide any more information for you about Chastain Park. You will love it! - Junglered

***P.S. - Bring an umbrella if showers are in the forecast because all shows are 'rain or shine'.
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Minnelli summer concert tour.#7
Posted: 5/6/04 at 4:07pm
Oh my god Jungle red thank you so much. this is exactly the information I have been looking for. I just found out we can't get front seats because they are tables and you have to have 6 people. How wold you rate the other seating sections?
junglered Profile Photojunglered Profile Photo
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Minnelli summer concert tour.#8
Posted: 5/6/04 at 4:57pm
Yes, you are correct, Dame. The area closest to the stage is known as the pit - and this is set up for tables which accomodate six people. Then, there are 4 or 5 rows of what are called "Box Seats". Book these if you want to be closest to the stage. They are the best ones available for those not in groups of 6. The next section back from them are the Terrace Seats. The first several rows are reserved for tables (you see the social nature of this venue!) and the rest are for individual seats. The terrace area is good as long as you're not too far back. The terrace area has the most seats allocated to it. Get as close as you can if you choose terrace seats - center terrace if you want to be smack in the middle, or right or left terrace if you want to be a little closer. General Admission Lawn seating is in the back of the bowl. Check out this site if you want to see a map of the seating chart:

http://www.atlantaconcerts.com/PDFS/Chastain_tables_2003.pdf

You'll>http://www.atlantaconcerts.com/PDFS/Chastain_tables_2003.pdf>http://www.atlantaconcerts.com/PDFS/Chastain_tables_2003.pdf

You'll have a great time seeing Liza at Chastain. Bring Wine!
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Minnelli summer concert tour.#9
Posted: 5/6/04 at 8:31pm
Thank you. It sounds very similar to our Hollywood Bowl.