Page: 1

How Loud is Too Loud

Ruffian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How Loud is Too Loud#0
Posted: 4/29/04 at 7:53pm
My Boss just asked me to lower the "noise" my DVD Player. I realize I was playing it on "11" (see "SPINAL TAP")..but no one is even left on this floor

I need to hear TABOO extremely loudly....to put myself back at the Plymouth

How Loud iz Too Loud?

I say she is an Old Fart

Bringing the earphones tomorrow
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: How Loud is Too Loud#1
Posted: 4/29/04 at 8:13pm
Well as I like to say "If it is too loud, you're too old"
: )
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
Ruffian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: How Loud is Too Loud#2
Posted: 4/29/04 at 8:15pm
The Boss is too old

LMAO
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: How Loud is Too Loud#3
Posted: 4/29/04 at 8:17pm
And a fart too!!
Tee Hee
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
HunterFosterIsMyGod Profile PhotoHunterFosterIsMyGod Profile Photo
HunterFosterIsMyGod
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: How Loud is Too Loud#4
Posted: 4/29/04 at 8:57pm
yep, it's the boss. :)
etoile Profile Photoetoile Profile Photo
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: How Loud is Too Loud#5
Posted: 4/29/04 at 9:32pm
Obviously you don't realize that one man's music is another man's noise. The mere fact the it was referred to as noise should have been a clue. I would surmise that you weren't the only one on the floor if it was overheard and addressed by the Boss. Yes, how dare she dictate work conditions. What does she think she is, the BOSS or something? The considerate thing to always do is bring earphones. I trust many a member here woudn't agree on listening to the same cast recordings.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
JohnPopa Profile PhotoJohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Go see Iron Maiden live.

That's loud.

iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have Led Zeppelin induced hearing loss. It's true. When I was young, my mom used to tell me that if I kept listent to really loud music and going to concerts, I'd have a problem when I got older. For several years, as a teenager, I worked for Belkin Brothers,the concert promoters in Cleveland, as part of the, I kid you not, "Love Corps". My job was to help people find their seats and then keep them from rushing the stage once the concert started. One evening, I was stationed in front of an entire wall of giant speakers. I couldn't hear out of my left ear for THREE DAYS after that concert. Last year I had a hearing test that showed mid-range hearing loss. The doctor asked if I had been exposed to extended loud noise.

Who knew mom was right...
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
At my job,we were recently told that earphones are unprofessional, even though we do not deal with the public and peopel do not come into our offices unless they work there. We can, however, listen to music softly at our desks. I can overhear the music of other people. One woman listens to an adult contemporary station, the type that plays Celine Dion every ten minutes. I consider her music annoying. Celine goes right through my head and rattles every nerve in my body.
People around me think my Broadway cd's are stupid. It has nothing to do with age. It's a matter of taste and when you are in an office with other people you need to understand that not everyone will enjoy Taboo or whatever you happen to play.

It is a work environment and personal entertainment comes second to creating an atmosphere that is condusive to everyone being able to concentrate and do their jobs. Be glad that you are allowed to wear headphones and start using them.
http://www.danperezgallery.com
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Orion - AMEN - you said it "loud" and clear...thank you!
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
luvtheEmcee Profile PhotoluvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My music teacher has a sign on his stand that says something like "Very loud music is good for you." Right under it there's a picture of a smiling little old lady.
A work of art is an invitation to love.
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"sign on his stand that says something like "Very loud music is good for you." Right under it there's a picture of a smiling little old lady."

Is it me?
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
luvtheEmcee Profile PhotoluvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
haha, is it, iflit? lol!
A work of art is an invitation to love.