Page: 1

Hillary on Larry King Live

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hillary on Larry King Live#0
Posted: 4/20/04 at 9:44pm
Well Hillary was on Larry King Live, and she did a great job. She managed to show her disagreement with how the Bush administration was handling things, yet at the same time showed respect by talking about how difficult the job of President has become. She at least appeared to have respect for the President and the difficult job he has. She managed to voice her stance and yet not totally look like a Bush hater like Kerry seems to be to me. Wouldn't it be nice if all politicians appeared to be respectful of each other? Haha ok I know it won't happen, but it would be nice.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 4/20/04 at 09:44 PM
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hillary on Larry King Live#1
Posted: 4/20/04 at 9:55pm
You have a good point there--wouldn't the political dialogue be more meaningful if everyone (at least on TV) didn't feel the need to be hardcore in their stances--like on all the cable news shows. They get a person from each side of the argument who argues narrowmindedly in fervent support of their extreme stance--never budging. It gets to be ridiculous when the person is clearly being obstinate instead of practical. I believe there is a gray area 95% more of the time than this black and white political landscape. Good for Hillary for being practical in obstinate times. =)
Updated On: 4/20/04 at 09:55 PM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: hillary on larry king live#2
Posted: 4/20/04 at 9:58pm
y'know, they'll make me hand in my neo fascist membership card for saying this, but, she's the best pure politician in this country. yeah, yeah, billy could bite his lip and the world would forgive him, but hil sees the mistakes the first time and doesn't make 'em again. i have way too much respect for her to be a responsible republican. but that's part of the dichotomy that is the papa!
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: hillary on larry king live#3
Posted: 4/20/04 at 9:59pm
oh wow, papa, that makes me happy!! I love ya all the more for saying that!

HILLARY 2008!!!! =)
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: hillary on larry king live#4
Posted: 4/20/04 at 10:01pm
now, jrb, don't be silly, i could never vote for her, but i do think that barring a collapse of the world as we know it that she'll be the 2008 nominee against condi rice. man what a race that'll be!

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: hillary on larry king live#5
Posted: 4/20/04 at 10:03pm
YES! HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT! We need a good hussy for president. And I say that with love. I would vote for her in a second.
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I also agree with the spirit of the initial post. That is my main problem with the current American political arena, the hostility and the elevation of people who refuse to consider alternate realities.

Though I'm not sure that I'm ready for Hillary to be President, for reasons that I can't quite put my finger on. I think it might be because I fear that she would try to do too much too fast, and it would rock the foundations of our government. There is a large chip on her shoulder, or so I see. It scares me.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong.
What do you think she'll do if Kerry wins in '04. (Perish the thought re: re: re: re: re: hillary on larry king live ) The party wouldn't switch horses midstream in '08 would they?
Hamlet's father.
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
no--which is why she would be smart to be the VP candidate now, so she can run in 2012 after Kerry's 2 terms. re: re: re: re: re: re: hillary on larry king live
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
she won't be the vp candidate because she knows full well that kerry will lose in 2004. the only reason she's not signed on as vp is that she knows that there is something that will sink kerry that has yet to come to light. after gw wins a second term she'll avoid being involved in any of the partisan impeachment/censure calls that will ring for the next four years. she'll stay out of anything that looks like partisan bickering and will serve the people of ny as she has thus far.

however, behind the scenes she'll be offering invaluable advice to the bomb throwers on how to bring down a president as she was front and center when they brought down nixon. but publicly she'll stay out of it, offering only pointed asides when pressed.

come 2008, she'll be a well received senior senator from ny who will be the heir apparent to the demcratic throne. she'll have established her foreign policy acumen over the next few years as she has already done thus far with smart calls all along the way. at some point she'll revive her health care proposal, but will model it even more closely on the nixon model she used as a template in hillary-care 1. either way, she's too smart to get involved in this fiasco because win or lose nobody's gonna come out of this election looking good. by 2008 the moderates will have taken control of the dnc once again and her people will have all the purse strings.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort