Page: 1

Craziness at school

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Craziness at school#0
Posted: 4/8/04 at 9:53pm
Well as I've shared before I go to Ball State in Indiana. We have had two alcohol related deaths of students this year which led the university to crack down on off campus partying, and they are considering submitting underage students to a breathalizer when they come back into the dorms late at night. The student body is very upset about this. Well the way they are saying it works is the Muncie police department said they would crackdown on off campus parties and the university is warning us to be careful and saying our actions offcampus will affect our status at the university. There are many extenuating circumstances surrounding both deaths. (One student was killed by a university police officer, the other was shot in the head and left for dead in a robbery attempt gone bad after a party.) Now as I've been hearing from people, a girl hung herself in her dorm room this afternoon. It hasn't been substantiated yet but I did see tons of cop and emergency vehicled fly by at the time they say they discovered the girl. I guess I am just sick of the death, sure we are a school of 18,000 but its ridiculous. We have kids getting killed for $2 a kid getting shot by a university police officer for running towards him unarmed, and I guess this latest death just has me pissed off. I kno that going to college is a priviledge not a right. (Refering to underage alcohol consumption.) After all the state is paying quite a bit to send us here, but at the same time things aren't going to be pretty here in the next few weeks. I need some outside perspective here, I hear people upset that they are getting busted for drinking underage and complaining that the legal age should be lowered to 18, but I know if it were the number of alcohol related deaths would skyrocket. (Happened in Michigan they quickly reversed the law) I don't know where to stand on this line and it seems like the majority of the students want police to let them do what they want. ARRGGGHHH! Please make sense of this craziness for me. I know for many of you on the board three deaths a year doesn't seem like much but the circumstances around them really suck, especially for this part of Indiana. I dunno I am just sick of all this death.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 4/8/04 at 09:53 PM
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Craziness at school#1
Posted: 4/8/04 at 11:14pm
There is something very awful going on. There have been several suicides this year at NYU. What is happening to America's youth?
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Craziness at school#2
Posted: 4/9/04 at 2:02am

several is polite. There was two or three nyu kids having committed suicide at their place of work, and another two at the library. Some drug related, some not. Then there was some other stuff like people getting into the dorms that shouldnt have and assaulting girls in the bathrooms.

Christina
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Craziness at school#3
Posted: 4/9/04 at 5:48am
Mistress, do you have locks on the bathroom door? They had problems with that here in the past, so they installed card readers on the door of the bathrooms for the girls so the girls go swipe their student ids and can get into the bathroom but no one else can. They are specially coded.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Craziness at school#4
Posted: 4/9/04 at 3:39pm

no, but see we have bathrooms in our rooms. but there are also bathrooms like in the lounges and study rooms... and thats where it happened, in those more easily accessible areas.
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Craziness at school#5
Posted: 4/9/04 at 3:45pm
Yeah, the girl hung herself. re: re: re: re: re: Craziness at school One of my friends from church is the editor of the ball state newspaper and I was talking to him about it. He didn't know much either, the police haven't released too much information about what happened, but I know a couple people who were with some friends who knew the girl when her friends found out.
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Student deaths are always disturbing. I was at Kent State in 1970. That's the year the Ohio National Guard opened fire on a crowd of students protesting the Vietnam War. Four students were killed and another dozen were badly injured. (You might have heard "Ohio" by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young...). It turned that campus, and every other campus, upside down. Talk about increased police presence... (I should mention that 3 black students were killed at a protest at Jackson State right around the same time...but no one remembers that...white kids getting shot on campus made much more of an impact, go figure...)

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10