Who goes tonight from Idol?

Zola Q. LaPlaya Profile PhotoZola Q. LaPlaya Profile Photo
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who goes tonight from Idol?#0
Posted: 3/31/04 at 6:10pm
Who is going to get the lowest number of votes tonight?

My money is on Big Red.

The other two low vote getters will be Camile and JPL.
Stop worrying about what I'm doing -- focus instead on what you're eating.
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who goes tonight from Idol?#1
Posted: 3/31/04 at 6:13pm
I feel the bottom 3 will be John Stevens "Big Red", Camile, and JPL...although America seems to love him.
CCM '10!
Zola Q. LaPlaya Profile PhotoZola Q. LaPlaya Profile Photo
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Who goes tonight from Idol?#2
Posted: 3/31/04 at 6:13pm
See, lil bro, we agree on some things.
Stop worrying about what I'm doing -- focus instead on what you're eating.
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Who goes tonight from Idol?#3
Posted: 3/31/04 at 6:20pm
Yep...we do. If I didn't agree with you, I wouldn't have humiliated you and made you mad. But we do agree on some things and that all that matters right now.
CCM '10!
Updated On: 3/31/04 at 06:20 PM
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I wish Camille would be gone, she can sing a little but she is sooooo uncomfortable on the stage. I think/hope she'll be the one to go. But you never know with the voting...
You've gotta have heart AND music
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Based on last night's performances, I think Conan Jr. should go, BUT- Camille just doesn't have it. All three that have been mentioned will probably be the next three to go whatever the order is.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
Maggie Profile PhotoMaggie Profile Photo
Maggie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I think it's going to be Camille. She's adorable and all but she really isn't quite ready yet.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have watched exactly 14 minutes of this show tonight, and the only time this or any other season I have watched more than five minutes.

Why? Why do people care about this? Why would young people want to get up on TV and exclaim "I want to be lame! I want to be so middle of the road! I want to be like the back up singers and dancers on The Brady Bunch Variety Hour! I want to sing middle of the road songs that only appeal to nostalgic baby boomers and that are virtually meaningless to anyone from my or more recent generations!"

It's utter crap. And the winners are never going to get rich, have we learned nothing about how badly treated performers are by the major labels from watching years of Behind the Music?

The sickest thing I ever saw tho was when the producers last year made the contestants sing God Bless the USA the week the Iraq invasion began. I mean, such PANDERING. And those contestants were the exact age at which they should have been rioting in the streets and singing baby boomer songs like For What It's Worth or What's Goin On?

It's a sham. I'm surprised people care.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
um, namo, if they're gonna riot in the streets can we at least please have them sing billy bragg and joe strummer and maybe ani difranco? if i hear for wat it's worth one more time i'll puke. sheesh, folks, we do have new protest songs.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
i luv stevo Profile Photoi luv stevo Profile Photo
i luv stevo
Understudy
Understudy
Awww. Amy didnt deserve to leave. She had the best performance last week, and she definitely wasn't the worst this week.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Listen, I prefer exactly the artists you mentioned but I figured if they MUST be doing baby boomer songs at least do something of substance.

Did I mention I was next to Joe as my friend and I were checking into a hotel in Chicago the summer before he died and I stupidly didn't say how much The Clash meant to me, I saw them five times before they broke up? It's true. And I wonder how these kids with their completely dissonant free personalities and sell-sell-sell attitudes on American Idol even engage with the world. It is SUCH UTTER CRAP.
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
WHAT IS THIS?? The bottom 3 was Amy, La Toya, and Jennifer...some of the best last night. You saw the face on "Big Red" when he was safe. He knew he should have gone. This is starting to piss me off. People are getting screwed.
CCM '10!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Put DOWN the American Idol score card and get out there and CHANGE THE WORLD, 11! It doesn't matter! You are getting upset over a contest where young people sing cheezy arrangements of crap songs to the delight of grandmas everywhere. You gotta stop caring about grandma music! YOU GOTTA!
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
five times, eh? did you grow up in nyc?

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, on the East Coast. I saw em in Boston, West Hartford, and of course the epic run at Bond's in Times Square.

I wish the kids like Bway11 could get excited even about somebody like Nellie McKay. She's only 19! And appears to have actual blood coursing through her veins, which is so much more than can be said about those Proud Mary spewing replicants on American, Idle.
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think they're keeping little Conan on because of the controversy. They always do that. And I'm afraid millions of adolescents across the country are voting for who's 'cute' and not for talent. That's the only reason I can imagine that other John is still on.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Please define talent in this context. Is it the ability to drain any edge from songs that are at least 20 years old and market them back to people well into their 50s with all the rough edges smoothed over? Is talent doing exactly what you are told to do by handlers and TV show producers?
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am a little kid! re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: who goes tonight from idol? Only little kids like AI.
CCM '10!
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
dammit, namo, i just spent 20 minutes diggin through the world cafe website in order to find this artist who i heard the other night who was so vital and alive and exciting...nellie mckay. she's freakin' great ain't she?

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No, it's actually not true. I read a really interesting article about the phenomenon in Rolling Stone or someplace that explained that the majority of people invested in that show are women in their 50s and they feel as if the stars OWE them time and attention because they voted for them. I mean, that mother of the contestant can spray as much pink in her hair as she wanted, but she ain't nobody's target demographic except AI's. The funny thing is that the media has managed to convince you that "kids" like the show. But it's 100% processed cheese food that you really should ignore. Whatever happened to the young people's desire to keep it real? All AI does is keep it fake! Go searching for talent and originality on your own.

When I was a teenager I had a job as a bellboy in a hotel. Those AI performers remind me of the hotel lounge act singers. They had some chops, but they just had to do these crap songs to make money and that show is just promoting that stuff. You can do so much better!

P.S. Yeah, Pap, I bought Nellie today as a special treat after surviving a doctors visit and man, it's just really good. I'm not saying there's no calculation there, but at least there's CLEVER calculation. What good does it do a 17 year old white girl to have to sing Heard it Through The Grapevine to help people in her parent's age group rekindle their fond memories of The Big Chill?
Updated On: 3/31/04 at 09:43 PM
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have to agree with you on this season's top 12. They are the worst of the 3 seasons. Not only the winnder, but last year's runner up has won a Grammy award.
CCM '10!
Updated On: 3/31/04 at 09:47 PM
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Define talent? I trust my own judgment, namo! It doesn't matter what decade they're singing from - I'm sure you also know talent when you see it.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just don't consider the ability to get through a song given to you by a committee and the ability to pepper it with melisma talent. Gimme a sassy kid who writes her own stuff and has a cockeyed world view and can play an instrument and doesn't humilate herself every week BEGGING people to love her and vote for her and who freely allows herself to be used like a puppet by Rupert Murdoch all in the name of fame only to be tossed aside (Hi Justin!) any old day of the week.
Princess MimiChica Profile PhotoPrincess MimiChica Profile Photo
Princess MimiChica
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Namo, come on, stop being an idiot!!! It's obviosu you don't care about the damn show, so STOP POSTING ABOUT IT! does it really affect yyour life that much!?!! your posts on this thread are just unbelievably annoying. Did you ever think maybe the finalists last year are PATRIOTIC and want to SUPPORT their cvountry instead of protesting!?1 Maybe they're like me and think we SHOULD be in Iraq!?! Novel concept!!! Open your mind, please!

Now, as for the results: America has officially gone tone-deaf!! Good lord, I wanted to shoot myself when John was safe for another week (yawn)
there is NO JUSTICE in this world!! I really do have to consider if I can kee pwatching as long as John is on, but I love Diana and Fantasia and George too mush..ugh, i feel sick!!!!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And what, pray tell princess, do you think would have happened to any contestant who (if they thought about it at all) didn't agree with Fox forcing them to sing Proud to be an American last Invasion Eve? Open my mind? That's all I am asking people who get wrapped up in this show to do. Pull back the curtain, and see what's there? And if you want to talk about JUST the substance of the performances, fine, I addressed that too, not just the politics. It's crap, the arrangements are crap, and people caught up in it are being manipulated. So there.

By the way, RENT is going to close one day.