Page: 1

Billionaires for Bush

Zola Q. LaPlaya Profile PhotoZola Q. LaPlaya Profile Photo
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billionaires for Bush#0
Posted: 3/31/04 at 2:08pm
I just got yelled at via PM for posting this on the other board. Jeeez. Such a bunch of uptight nits. Anyway, maybe I'm the last one in NY to know this, but...

There is a group called "Billionaires for Bush" that is a strategic media and street theater group that mixes street performance, humor, savvy messaging, grassroots participation and cutting edge organizing tools to expose the failed economic policies of the current administration.

They are looking for actors and friends between jobs to help them. A friend dragged me to a meeting the other day and it was hilarious and a perfect way to expand your acting chops, do something political and meet cute people.

www.billionairesforbush.com
Stop worrying about what I'm doing -- focus instead on what you're eating.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Billionaires for Bush#1
Posted: 3/31/04 at 3:27pm
I waited on them a few weeks ago when they had their post-march party at the restaurant where I work at. Fun folks, but they're terrible tippers.
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Billionaires for Bush#2
Posted: 3/31/04 at 3:37pm
Well, you don't get to be a billionaire by throwing your money to some two-bit waitress just cuz she brings you your blue plate special, now do you?
PEACE.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Billionaires for Bush#3
Posted: 3/31/04 at 3:42pm
But I stuck out my rack and everything!
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: billionaires for bush#4
Posted: 3/31/04 at 3:44pm
this is a documented tactic of the billionaires for bush. they tip poorly or not at all in the hopes that people will merely remember the "for bush" and the no tip. deep thinkers, these.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: billionaires for bush#5
Posted: 3/31/04 at 3:45pm
One of them did give me his number.

I've been pathologically avoiding his calls ever since.
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe they were Log Cabin Billionaires for Bush.
PEACE.
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sueleen, the Loggers are not for Bush anymore. (Haven't you seen the ads about the marriage amendment?) The Loggers have joined the universe of gay men, and disavowed bush -- I mean, Bush.

Not sure about the official gay position on rack, Vicious.
Updated On: 3/31/04 at 05:51 PM
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
no, zola, while they may disagree on some issues, they still support the president. other wise they'd call themselves the log cabin anything but republicans. it's possible to disagree on some positions but to find the overall stand of one political party preferable to the other. kinda like african american democrats supporting robert byrd. while they might despise many parts of the candidate, they accept his flaws because they still prefer his warts to those that the other side offers. oh, hmmm, maybe warts was a bad analogy...

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think a better analogy would have been African-Americans supporting Jesse Helms or -- even better -- Strom Thurmond. Byrd was bad in his past, but at least he apologized. Warts on any of them (especially Strom) must be very unseemly.

In any case, I thought the Loggers were undecided whether to endorse GWB. Are you sure they are going to be supporting him this time around?
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
no, the analogy was of members of a party supporting someone with whom they have legitimate grievances. byrd was and is a democrat. i think that large numbers of african americans supporting either jesse helms or strom thurmond while confusing and a bit breathtaking would be news for other reasons not teh least of which being the gop making inroads in the african american community (yep, that's gonna happen).

please, as long as the log vcabin republicans continue to call themselves republicans they will support and endorse the president while making clear their dissatisfaction with some of his policies. it's not like there's a less conservative option than bush for them to vote for. the only option they might have would be if judge roy moore decides to run as, i don't know, a member of the "my god requires big freakin' monuments party." i can so see them coming out in droves for that. they're not going to get someone in the republican party more centrist than bush. and their goal is to work within the party to change it, so it's doubtful that they will scuttle any access they have by endorsing someone else.

they will hold heir noses and vote for bush, just as so many democrats will hold their noses and vote for kerry when they know that dennis kucinich, while having no shot, actually represents their true beliefs and that of all the candidates likely to be on the ballot in november that nader is more closely representative of their concerns than kerry, but again, he got no shot.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Papa, can I be your love slave? Or at least clean your apartment nekkid?
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Get in line, Zola.

Though my apartment could use some cleaning. Do you moonlight as a cabana boy?
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually, that's my full-time job.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Do you accept personal checks, or shall I pay you in cash?

Page: 1