You go, Girl!

rlbgbc Profile Photorlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You go, Girl!#0
Posted: 3/25/04 at 10:18am
Apparently Richard Simmons bitch-slapped someone at the Phoenix Airport. Hilarious. See Link.
Don't You Be Messin' with Richard!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: You go, Girl!#1
Posted: 3/25/04 at 10:20am
THAT was exactly the thread title and link I was going to post here!

STRAIGHT MEN: YOU HAVE BEEN PUT ON NOTICE.

(Yes, I know I am assuming the wiseguy was straight, it just seems like a safe assumption.)
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: You go, Girl!#2
Posted: 3/25/04 at 10:48am
Fabulous. Simply fabulous!
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
etoile Profile Photoetoile Profile Photo
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: You go, Girl!#3
Posted: 3/25/04 at 10:52am
If the article is correct, the comment seems pretty benign.

Maybe it's an example of what happens when you go throught life after too many bad perms.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: You go, Girl!#4
Posted: 3/25/04 at 10:55am
Hey I'm straight! Now granted the videos are sort of funny to me, but I respect him after all he went through in his life. He could of taken things lying down but he didn't. Several of my friends who live at my church exercise together and they rotate through Taebo, and Richard Simmons. They even wrote to him and he sent back a signed picture that they have posted on the fridge. re: re: You go, Girl! He's probably made a ton off those videos and his other stuff. He is really the one who is going to have the last laugh.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 3/25/04 at 10:55 AM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: you go, girl!#5
Posted: 3/25/04 at 11:42am
"[h]e could of taken things lying down but he didn't."

heh heh heh...splash, splash, c'mon in the water in the gutter's fine!

when i heard that story i was reminded of an old cartoon and the line, "i'll give you such a pinch!"
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Corine2 Profile PhotoCorine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: you go, girl!#6
Posted: 3/25/04 at 11:45am
Why would he slap a man in the face. That is very scary and silly. The other man must of said something worse.
Richard Simmons does not seem like the TERMINATOR.
I always thought of him as a sweet man.
Really scary.
Saturday Night live could have a great skit:
Richard Simmons as the TERMINATOR killing all assholes with a single slap. Ha ha. Actually maybe Super Simmons and after the punch he could say damn i ruined my manicure!
Updated On: 3/25/04 at 11:45 AM
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: you go, girl!#7
Posted: 3/25/04 at 11:55am
Okay, so some smartass actuall PRESSED CHARGES when he was slapped around by RICHARD SIMMONS?! Who's the sissy here?

Honestly, how the hell did these cops keep a straight face?
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: you go, girl!#8
Posted: 3/25/04 at 12:37pm
Hey this guy didn't say anything which was insulting to Richard Simmons. I think it was complementary that he recognized him and is familiar with his videos. And I think we still have freedom of speech, right?

I agree, though-the guy's an A-hole, but to be honest, I find Richard Simmons to be a bigger one, his diet work notwithstanding. I'm embarrassed for him when I see his appearances on tv.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: you go, girl!#9
Posted: 3/25/04 at 12:39pm
Richard Simmons CHOSE to do those videos. He CHOSE to set himself up for humiliation. The passenger CHOSE to comment and Richard CHOSE to slap him. I do not believe the cops CHOSE to keep a STRAIGHT face, they were BORN that way.
PEACE.
Updated On: 3/25/04 at 12:39 PM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Caps lock giving you problems again, Sueleen?
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"hey everybody, it's richard simmons. let's drop our bags and rock to '50s"

i woulda slapped the farging icehole bastage too, just for making such a witless crack. i guess this means that we'll be seeing richard on letterman soon.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm betting that he'll flash his ta ta's at Dave!
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Will Grinder Girl grind to the 50's?

--Vish, who saw her first episode of Letterman last night
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Vish are you a Leno fan?
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No, I just don't watch enough television.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
wait, vish, was grinder girl on???

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: you go, girl!#17
Posted: 3/25/04 at 1:15pm
This is so freaking funny. And coming so soon after Paris Hilton's equine disaster, if someone tells you there isn't a God, don't believe them.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I's gonna say! I find Letterman funnier than Leno even though I am in the minority. I don't watch much tv either. I watched the mos tv I had watched in a long time over break, and that was only for the NCAA tournament. He can be a tad ummm overboard at times though.
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
We're all missing the obvious here. How can anyone on this board not recognize the fact that it's not what you say, but how you say it? The article does not explain how the comment was actually made. For someone like Richard Simmons to physically slap another human being, it had to be bad. Richard has never had one word of publicity towards anything remotely violent, nor has he ever appeared that way in his entire career. We all know (some better than others) how cruel people can be just for the fun of it. If the man got slapped, then he probably provoked the response. If he files charges for a slap on the cheek, then he's probably greedy for money or publicity, because it's just not worth it. If it wasn't Richard Simmons, the guy would have absolutely nothing to gain from filing charges.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
etoile Profile Photoetoile Profile Photo
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But, Matt, we all know (some better than others) there is no excuse for physically lashing out at someone either by intentionally striking or throwing objects.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
oh i don't know, i've been known to lash out once in a while and felt completely justified at doing so. the police disagreed.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Matt-no matter how those particular words were spoken, even in the most sarcastic manner, it doesn't warrant a physical attack. As unjust as you may think it is, when a person even so much as touches, pushes, hits, or has any unwanted physical contact with you, it's illegal and you can call police.

It's a shame Richard Simmons couldn't rise above this A-hole and come back with a fabulous putdown. He should have said "Yes, you bison, you should put down your luggage and move around a little". You know, something like that. He should have shown more class. This gives cause to think he may have just needed a little attention lately-think publicity stunt.

Also -just as you said that we were not able to hear how this remark was spoken, we also don't know exactly what Richard Slimmons did to the guy. We weren't there.

I go with publicity whore.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
Updated On: 3/25/04 at 03:38 PM
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Slapped. And he wasn't even wearing a neckbrace.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The man wasn't beaten to death. He was slapped in the face. I don't care for unnecessary or excessive violence either, but unless there was some sort of actual injury, I don't consider it to be effective use of law enforcement. If the slap was unprovoked or if Richard had cracked his skull with a lead pipe, I would say it was police business, but to make a remark that causes ANYONE to WANT to slap you in a public place is probably well-deserved. I also think children should be spanked (in an appropriate manner) as a form of discipline. Obviously, words were inconsequential to this man as he didn't seem to care what he said to Richard. And I know first-hand (or rather, first-Playbill) that no matter what you say, some people only respond to violence.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian