Page: 1

safety of nyc

chinkie azn jai Profile Photochinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
safety of nyc#0
Posted: 3/9/04 at 7:13pm
Ok im visiting nyc soon and im probably seeing one show by myself without my parents... (im 15) soo do you think the Time square area is safe enough for me to walk from the Virgia Theatre to the Double tree Time square. i know my way around the area. and what do you think of the safety of time square in general?
"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: safety of nyc#1
Posted: 3/9/04 at 7:25pm
I was there when Times Square was the pits & now. There is a world of difference. It is as safe as can be exspected . Meaning do not worry about it. Come & enjoy.
Poster Emeritus
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: safety of nyc#2
Posted: 3/9/04 at 7:37pm
Yep, Times Square is sickeningly safe now! I know you'll have a great time!
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: safety of nyc#3
Posted: 3/9/04 at 7:42pm
oh trust me, you can still find just about anything you want there. and if you can't, walk a block over to 8th avenue and you'll find it.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
luvtheEmcee Profile PhotoluvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: safety of nyc#4
Posted: 3/9/04 at 8:15pm
like everyone's said so far, absolutely. Of course there are some areas of NYC that are unsafe, like in any city, but Times Square is completely safe. Trust me, I'm almost 18, but I have extremely overprotective parents, and they let me go down to the city to see shows without them all the time. That must mean it's ok.
A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 3/9/04 at 08:15 PM
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: safety of nyc#5
Posted: 3/9/04 at 8:20pm
Compared to the school where I work, Times Square is a Quaker kindergarten!
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: safety of nyc#6
Posted: 3/9/04 at 8:22pm
If you are level-headed and know your way around the area, I see no problem... we're talking about a six block walk, almost entirely on Broadway. To my mind, it's more about your level of comfort than it is about whether the area is safe.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Updated On: 3/9/04 at 08:22 PM
chinkie azn jai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: safety of nyc#7
Posted: 3/9/04 at 8:36pm
cool! i cant wait!
"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: safety of nyc#8
Posted: 3/9/04 at 8:43pm
I sort of miss the deuce as it was in the old days. Now it has been homogenized & pasteurized. You will have a good time though
Poster Emeritus
PennyLou Profile PhotoPennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: safety of nyc#9
Posted: 3/10/04 at 12:22am
Yea you'll be fine by yourself, I go into the city by my self all the time and have been since I was 17 and I have been aloud to walk around by my self (with my parents somewhere else in the city) for a few years. Have a good time :)
Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

oh youll be fine in the middle of times square when pretty much every show gets out at the same time, there will be tons of people on the street.
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
TS is filled with tourists, cops, regular theatre-goers (like us) re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: safety of nyc and people selling cheap products for ridiculous prices. Unless you plan on being there at 4am, I don't think you'll have a problem. :)
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
JakeB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Exactly what are we talking in terms of safety? When I come to NYC I will have no phone on me (so nothing to mug!) and probably just $50 stuffed all around me. Am I safe enough? Do people just randomly get shot, dragged away and never seen again? Or are we talking safe/hit-by-a-cab.
chinkie azn jai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yeah i know how it works in TS. I've been on the streets when all the shows get out. and it is very crowded! thanks for all your inputs! =D
HunterFosterIsMyGod Profile PhotoHunterFosterIsMyGod Profile Photo
HunterFosterIsMyGod
Broadway Star
Broadway Star