Page: 1

Anyone else disappointed with the Oscars?

broadway86 Profile Photobroadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was. Extremely disappointed. Every single award went to RETURN OF THE KING. Now, it was my personal pick for Best Picture, but I don't think it should have won all of those awards. Best Costumes? Best Score? All of those categories belonged to other films. For example, here is who I think should have won.

Best Cinematography: Girl w/ a Pearl Earring
Best Costumes: Pearl Earring (or Down with Love)
Art Direction: Girl w/ a Pearl Earring (or Down with Love)
Best Score: Big Fish or Cold Mountain
Best Editing: Cold Mountain (or Kill Bill: Vol. 1)
Best Adapted Screenplay: AMERICAN SPLENDOR

I don't understand how the stylish and great-looking DOWN WITH LOVE and KILL BILL were not nominated for anything.

IMHO, RotK should have only won Picture, Director, and Visual Effects. That's all it truly deserved.

I was heartbroken when Bill Murray lost. He was fantastic in LiT. In MYSTIC RIVER, Sean Penn's performance was over-the-top. He was much better in 21 Grams. All of the other winners were fine to me, except I wish that Patricia Clarkson had won. Renee was great, though.

What do you guys think?
http://robbyhorror.blogspot.com
Updated On: 3/1/04 at 02:30 PM
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
See previous thread...
Oscars
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
ChristineDaae Profile PhotoChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Oscars were boring.. I'm sick of hearing about the Lord of the Rings!!
"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC
Broadwaylady Profile PhotoBroadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I enjoyed the Oscars. I liked all the actors that were nominated as I saw most of the films. I was very happy that Sean Penn and Charlize Theron won. Sean Penn is a very underestimated actor and really deserved it. There is always a film that gets to be a favorite. Lord of the Rings was an awesome film and got the oscars it deserved. Everyone likes and prefers different stars. I felt it ran too long as always. But, to me, Billy Crystal is the best host. I love his version of a song for each film and when they interpose his picture in the film. I think he is hysterical. I love Robin Williams but I think he is too off the wall for them to make him host. My all time favorite was Bob Hope.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Updated On: 3/1/04 at 03:59 PM
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I didn't even turn the television on last night. I couldn't carre less about a group of immodestly dressed people celebrating a disgusting art form.

I HATE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
dp, when are ya gonna stop sugarcoating your opinions on the movies? sheesh, must you always beat around the bush on movies? why not just tell us all how you truly feel?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective