Page: 1

the sound you hear

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
the sound you hear#0
Posted: 2/14/04 at 6:31pm
that slow steady rhythmic thumping is the sound of bostonians banging their heads against walls in disbelief and anger. i love the boss.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-arod0214,0,2866504.story?coll=ny-top-span-headlines
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: the sound you hear#1
Posted: 2/14/04 at 9:35pm
Baseball doesn't really stir up much discussion here, does it, papa? I'd love to give it a go, but I'm drawing a complete blank on anything I might possibly say.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: the sound you hear#2
Posted: 2/14/04 at 11:23pm
eh, just trying to annoy any new englanders that might be lurking about.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: the sound you hear#3
Posted: 2/14/04 at 11:24pm

errr... baseball not my favorite sport. anyone like hockey?

-Christina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: the sound you hear#4
Posted: 2/15/04 at 12:11am
As a former New Englander, I congratulate you, papa. Go Yanks!
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: the sound you hear#5
Posted: 2/15/04 at 12:29am
such a sweet girl...

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: the sound you hear#6
Posted: 2/15/04 at 12:35am
Heheh....

Eheheheheh.....

Heheheheheheheheheheh....

Ha.
Maggie Profile PhotoMaggie Profile Photo
Maggie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I love baseball....I hate the Yankees!
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Will he be dating Mike Piazza soon?
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
Maggie Profile PhotoMaggie Profile Photo
Maggie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
No Master....because Mike belongs to Maggie...no matter what DP says!
say what?
Stand-by
Stand-by
As a die-hard Yankees fan, I am taking this opportunity to thank Aaron Boone for screwing the BoSox over, twice.
"SUNY Binghamton, yes. I'm sure getting a degree from SUNY Binghamton is very useful. Normally to get a degree with that kind of credibility you'd have to study in Guatemala or Haiti."
Updated On: 2/15/04 at 02:08 PM
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love baseball = no yankees. :P (prob though cause i was born in Queens)

And boo on A-rod. I wasn't surprised, though.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
say what, that's a lovely sentiment that i heartily second! harumph harumph!

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

say what?
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: the sound you hear

From the Boss, a statement by George M. Steinbrenner, the principle owner of the New York Yankees on comments made by Boston Red Sox owner John Henry.

"We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston. It is understandable, but wrong that he would try to deflect the accountability for his mistakes on to others and to a system for which he voted in favor. It is time to get on with life and forget the sour grapes."

Just thought I had to share ...

"SUNY Binghamton, yes. I'm sure getting a degree from SUNY Binghamton is very useful. Normally to get a degree with that kind of credibility you'd have to study in Guatemala or Haiti."
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They are treating this guy like the second coming of the messiah. Wait until their ticket prices explode beyond their already ridiculous level & they start paying $ 5 for a hot dog to pay for all this insanity.

I have not attended a game in almost 20 years & somehow I have survived.
Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 2/18/04 at 07:36 PM
say what?
Stand-by
Stand-by
I'm already paying 6 bucks a pop for beer, 3 for a pretzel, 4 for a frank, 3 for a bag of peanuts, and 6.50 for nachos ...

Ticket prices have already been raised on the field level prior to the A-Rod transaction, yet it's still cheaper than top price to a Broadway show.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
c'mon, roxy, the net change in the yankees payroll is that it goes up about $700,000. which will be more than offset by the increase in royalties from television and marketing alone. and i think hot dogs are already $5. but who cares? it's all worth it to see the new murderers row.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort