Page: 1

Question for InnocentChoirBoy

DT Profile PhotoDT Profile Photo
DT
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Question for InnocentChoirBoy#0
Posted: 2/10/04 at 3:49am
Reading through your posts, ICB, I was very tempted to send you a blasting e-mail and be as rude as you are in your posts here.
But then I checked his profile and website, and while I don't know this guy from Adam (not Fleming BroadwayGuy2!) it made me reconsider doing so. So instead, I ask this question: Why the negativity? Rather, why the negativity CONSTANTLY? We're all entitled to our opinions - don't get me wrong, because that's what is great about this board and I admire and respect that. But I suppose ultimately, I'm "calling you out" to share some background or provide insight.
Side Note: I don't think I'm special and am not trying to preach or make it out that I am better than anyone here. But he seems to be the one poster here who will only have a dialogue if it's negative. I'm just trying to understand and maybe allow him a chance to share something we may not know.
I genuinely apologize in advance if anyone thinks I'm out of line.
DT
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Question for InnocentChoirBoy#1
Posted: 2/10/04 at 1:26pm
I give this message a "ditto" from me.
You've gotta have heart AND music
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Question for InnocentChoirBoy#2
Posted: 2/10/04 at 1:26pm
I give this message a "ditto" from me.
You've gotta have heart AND music
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Question for InnocentChoirBoy#3
Posted: 2/10/04 at 2:43pm
I wouldn't say you're your of line, as you are definitely entitled to your opinions... but this is one of those things that would have been better suited to Private Message or Email.
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

innocentchoirboy Profile Photoinnocentchoirboy Profile Photo
innocentchoirboy
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: re: re: Question for InnocentChoirBoy#4
Posted: 2/10/04 at 4:48pm
i agree, but since this was posted publicly i'll respond publicly. really, if you had read my posts, you would see that i never attack people, just their opinions, and even then, i clearly state that this disagreement is only my opinion. i have also stated multiple times that everyone has a right to say what they think (how redundant was that?). yes, most of my posts are satiric in nature, for that is how i write; i think it a fun and challenging style, and it best suites my character. and really, how fun is it to post "I agree!". what does that accomplish? notice i don't just say that i don't agree, but i state exactly why. i am concise, and usually check back to see if people have caught errors in my posts. i'm sorry if you don't like my comments, but that's why we have the little "reply button"! please, by all means tell me what's wrong with my post! i'm always willing to be corrected, provided it isn't in the form of a personal attack. if this question is based off of my disputes with namo, why havn't you posted a letter for him? i feel that his comments were a little nastier and more personal than mine. in conclusion, i'm not at all sorry, and we have the chance to reply to comments for a reason. this is not that big of a deal, and could have been settled by a short series of private messages. have a nice day!

ever a clever annoyance,
innocentchoirboy
"We ought to make the pie higher." --George W. Bush, South Carolina Republican Debate; February 15, 2000
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Honestly Innocentchoirboy, you can be a bit obnoxious sometimes. One thing that comes to mind was your anti-tenor post under the vocal range thread. It may be the way you feel but, when you express an opinion with such a hateful attitude, you have to assume that someone will call you on it. There have been a few times when you have voiced opinions in this manner for no apparent reason. You say your posts are satiric but, in fact what you consider satiric often comes across as hateful and mean. I personally don't care. I just ignore posts that i don't like or posters I don't like but, others may not be able to do that. They may feel compelled to challange you.
http://www.danperezgallery.com
innocentchoirboy
Stand-by
Stand-by
well, my posts are inconsistent. i, personally, loathe tenors because they are what musicals are always looking for, and the one's in my choir are always flat. i'm sorry, yes, i can come accross as hateful and mean. once again, deal with it on that post or send me a private message. there is no need to do to me what bulldog did for namo. i feel like an amature compared to namo, and i fear that i am upstaging him. i do like your philosophy on just ignoring posts you don't like. its going to happen. most actors/artists are emotional and sometimes high strung people; there is going to be just a little bit of animosity. i dearly hope people don't take what i write personally, for i fear who will be elected to office by people who are swayed so easily. arguing can be fun people! we can't all be lovey dovey, or keep our comments to ourselves! and some people make mistakes and actually type their feelings instead of opinions; be proud that your post provoked such a reaction! you are doing a great job! i realize this is the off topic board, but seriously, this whole thing is going just a little too far. though i suppose i'm not helping it one bit by my continued replys. ta!
"We ought to make the pie higher." --George W. Bush, South Carolina Republican Debate; February 15, 2000
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
GVA
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Dear heart, you obviously crave the attention. you thrive on it. i just joined the site exacly 28 minutes ago, and i already dislike your attention seeking cynicle comments which serve no other purpose than to piss people off. just the fact that you even bothered to reply to this message indicates your desire for center stage. you've found the light hon,.."

Sound familiar, hon?
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
etoile Profile Photoetoile Profile Photo
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Question for InnocentChoirBoy#9
Posted: 2/10/04 at 6:19pm
And please don't flatter yourself. You're no FindingNamo.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question for InnocentChoirBoy#10
Posted: 2/10/04 at 6:24pm
He talks about being inconsistent but he contradicts himself from sentence to sentence. That's beyond inconsistent. He talks about me being mean to him and that was his FIRST post here! If you look at my responses that night when he decided to make a giant, challenging entrance by calling me out, you will see how I actually did not slam him to bits. Clearly, he's a "give him enough rope and he WILL hang himself" kinda fella and that he has done.

He talks about his "disputes" with me and wonders why nobody has called me on it. Well, thanks to iflit, we can now all remember how I was just minding my own business when that awful queen who thinks real people talk like the bitchy characters on Will and Grace posted that very first post.

Everybody can see thru you, Innocent, no big whoop.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
innocentchoirboy
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: re: Question for InnocentChoirBoy#11
Posted: 2/10/04 at 6:59pm
hmm... i seem to think i've toned myself down since then. ya, a lot of my posts were stupid and irrational, but that's because i was bored that day and wanted some excitement. i didn't bargain i'd get this much. i know i'm no findingnamo, and yes that little passage does ring a bell. once again: who really cares? people, get a life. this is becoming way off-topic board.