Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

× New: Upvote messages you find helpful. Messages with multiple votes will be highlighted. Also posts reported by several users will now be hidden by default (but can be toggled on) while awaiting moderation.
Off-Topic

Tony-winner Daisy Eagan's open relationship profiled in New York Times

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 5/5/04

Pretty interesting look, pretty cool of them to be so open!

Theirs Is a ‘Traditional Untraditional’ Union: The Tony Award-winning actor Daisy Eagan and her husband Kurt Bloom, who are in an open relationship, share how they designed a marriage that works for them.

"We have a traditional untraditional marriage. I’m in a straight relationship to the outside world, but because I came out in my late 30s as queer, I didn’t get a chance to explore that as much as I would have liked. I identify as she/they and we have an open relationship. I don’t know if I would act on it, but knowing the door is unlocked is a comfort. It helps me in my queer identity. I might like Kurt to have a companion. That doesn’t worry me. There’s a level of respect and acceptance that comes with understanding your partner’s sexuality.

Being married does feel more permanent. Love is a commitment and a decision you make everyday. It’s an agreement to work as hard as you can together. Marriage means I’m there for Kurt in a supportive, financial, emotional, parenting, friendship and companionship way. And he’s there for me. We are equal partners, which seems rare. I hope to have that for the rest of our lives.:

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 7/22/03

I'd be pleased to hook up with her husband if it will help Daisy Eagan out in some way. #Solidarity #Community #WoofDaddy

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none