Profile for everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
Member Name: everythingtaboo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Official: Musical Version of SMASH is Being Adapted for Broadway  May 21 2020, 06:36:59 PM

kennedy_rose said: "It'll be a giant pile of rubbish featuring Katharine McPhee with David Foster getting in on the deal somehow ($$$)...

An a veritable cash cow to revive Broadway from the ruins of Covid-19. That, at least, would be one saving grace.
"

I expect the show to be a lot like the first season: whenever McPhee opens her mouth, literally everyone acts like it's the first time they've ever heard music before.

Official: Musical Version of SMASH is Being Adapted for Broadway  May 21 2020, 06:04:08 PM

I just don't know how they're going to do this. Also why, but that's a whole other question. To trim 32 hours of television into a 2.5 hour show while also featuring songs from the musical Bombshell? It seems like the quite the Herculean task for a television show that a lot of people were proudly hate-watching back in the day. Did you have a favorite moment from the show? Well forget them all, because they're going to have to go back to square one to make this actually h

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  May 19 2020, 08:13:26 PM

If a parent is exposing their kids to a two and a half hour rap musical about American history, you'd have to assume their kids at an age where they can tolerate a couple of f-bombs.

Love the BWW design update!  May 18 2020, 06:52:50 PM

So fresh and so clean! Who knew a few minor tweaks could make such a big difference. Really nice. 

2020 Tony Awards  May 17 2020, 08:03:02 PM

The people complaining CBS is airing Grease instead of something  Tonys related on the night gotta realize CBS make nothing off that telecast, gets some of its lowest ratings of the year, and don't even own it. The fact that they're still willing to air it, especially since its greatest champion Les Moonves is gone, is astonishing on its own. Has anyone reached out to The Broadway League or The American Theatre Wing to see if they thought of producing something for that night?

Whats next at the St James?  May 17 2020, 11:29:57 AM

matt1982 said: "That makes sense. Don't most prime houses like the St. James have shows that are circling?"

I think in normal circumstances yes, but I do wonder how many investors will be willing and able to put money into new shows in uncertain short-term, when so many will likely lose most if not all their money in all the current shows that have closed/postponed/never opened.

FROZEN closes on Broadway  May 16 2020, 02:06:06 PM

Part of me wonders if they hadn't spent $75M on the filmed version of a stage show, they might have a couple of extra bucks to reopen Frozen, at least as a for a few months to give it a proper goodbye.

Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20  May 16 2020, 01:59:57 PM

Part of me thinks the real reason Gideon wasn't nominated was voters thought it wasn't a stretch, that he was a young nebbishy gay man playing a young nebbishy gay man. Voters maybe didn't know enough about Gideon as a person to realize there was actual superb acting involved. Reminds of when Nathan Lane wasn't nominated for The Birdcage, because it was a gay man playing a gay man, so there wasn't much "range."

FROZEN closes on Broadway  May 14 2020, 07:55:33 PM

I can't imagine Diana will ever open, or Sing Street ever see a single preview. I think Take Me Out and American Buffalo also won't happen, unless they recast or work with the stars' schedules, which I'm sure already be screwed up by the Hollywood production backlog.

2020 Tony Awards  May 14 2020, 07:46:42 PM

Just an FYI: On Tony night June 7, CBS has added a Grease Sing-a-Long to the schedule of its revived Sunday Night Movies franchise. The 1978 classic starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John will air at 8:30 p.m. June 7 and will feature sing-along lyrics for all the songs including “You’re the One That I Want,” “Summer Nights,” “Greased Lightning” and the chart-topping title track.

FROZEN closes on Broadway  May 14 2020, 04:40:51 PM

I was looking at the grosses for Frozen and they seem to almost always be just below gross potential for a year now. Sure it's fine for most shows, but it's Disney and they have the tour going already and the West End premiere.

I just feel bad for that cast and crew, they probably figured Disney would protect them. Now it's just the first domino to fall.

Why didn’t Kelsey Grammar switch over and play Albin as originally promoted?  May 14 2020, 11:40:36 AM

So it looks like Douglas and Kelsey played through an entire year together, could it be as simple that when Douglas won the Tony, they extended his contract an additional 6 months, they just played together through mid-February 2011, and Kelsey just wanted to move on? A year is a long time to be away for a TV actor. 

I'd be more interested to see if anyone saw Tambor as Georges for those 12 performances and saw if he was really struggling that much. 

The Music Man should do the right thing and postpone/cancel the run now  May 13 2020, 08:11:00 PM

I guess one thing that works in Hugh's favor is that the TV/film industry is down also, so that industry will have to rev up and work through the backlog of productions waiting to get their turn to film. So hopefully that'll leave Hugh so wiggle room with any upcoming projects. Younger films in NYC so that should be easier to accommodate both, if necessary.

The Music Man should do the right thing and postpone/cancel the run now  May 13 2020, 12:53:57 PM

The show will be postponed at some point, but we're still five months before previews start. They're going to wait as long as they need to figure out a plan to postpone. The fact that people "could use their money" doesn't mean a thing.

Broadway Cancelled Until Sept 6  May 13 2020, 12:50:13 PM

Spot on, JennH. It's an ugly truth, and it's only going to get uglier as both sides of the argument fight for their side of the argument. Unfortunately, I don't know how it'll be resolved before it becomes textbook depression. 

MJ reschedules for March 2021  May 13 2020, 12:42:27 PM

Sutton Ross said: "I'm thinking this will now be a major trend going forward. Either shows are going to restart in March of 2021, or close completely."

I'm hoping they can postpone American Buffalo March 2021, instead of fully cancelling.

Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20  May 13 2020, 10:30:54 AM

I'm more offended that "Miranda Sings" just isn't that funny to me, but as with most YouTubers, there's a past...

YouTube sensation Collenn Ballinger had issued an apology over "disgusting" remarks and jokes made in unearthed videos.

Taking to her channel, Colleen published a video titled "addressing everything", in which she ran through a catalogue of old material that she now feels was entirely inappropriate.

<

Cursed Child Cancelled Until Sept 6  May 12 2020, 12:06:49 PM

Suspended four months out. I just can't imagine the slew of closes notices that'll be coming out by the end of this week. 

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  May 12 2020, 10:19:34 AM

RockStarNYC said: "I think this presents the perfect opportunity for Disney+ to experiment with an idea...

A pay-per-view stream.

So, this is something that Disney does with their ESPN+ service where they sell premium events on a pay-per-view basis. A stream of a highly touted ongoing Broadway show definitely falls into this category. If Disney were to offer access to subscribers to this content for an additional fee, I have no doubt that people STILL wouldn'

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  May 12 2020, 08:43:32 AM

HOLY CRAP! Total shocker here. While to be honest I thought it was ridiculous it be releasing it as a Disney movie, with all the subscriptions and attention it'll give Disney Plus, it's a much smarter idea to stream it. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.