Page: 1

daily news sources

iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
daily news sources#0
Posted: 1/26/04 at 8:54am
There's so much happening...how do you stay on top of the news? I listen to the NYTimes audiodigest (a subscription that I download every morning) during my 45 minute drive to work, and catch NPR's news on the way home or over dinner. I peruse Salon on line over a cup of coffee (and during stolen moments at work...shhhh), read The New Republic (again online) fairly regularly, and screen the headlines on Google news whenever my homepage 'shows up'. A quick screening of the local paper for, um, local news rounds it out. That's my baseline, but it still seems insufficient sometimes. I'm interested in seeing how others attempt to stay informed.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: daily news sources#1
Posted: 1/26/04 at 9:08am
I watch the news late at night, I read the paper at work during my pathetic 10 minute break, and/or I go to the news online sites and read the articles there. The webpages are much cleaner for my fingers than the regular newspapers. lol
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
etoile Profile Photoetoile Profile Photo
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
daily news sources#2
Posted: 1/26/04 at 12:46pm
And then some just read Broadway message boards. Not the headlines posted above. Just the message board.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: daily news sources#3
Posted: 1/26/04 at 2:41pm
I guess some people like to remain oblivious to the harsh truth that surrounds them everyday.
To quote Walter Matthau in Grumpier Old Men, "It must be nice living in Never, Never Land. Maybe I'll come visit ya sometime when I need a break from reality." re:  daily news sources
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
broadway geek Profile Photobroadway geek Profile Photo
broadway geek
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: daily news sources#4
Posted: 1/26/04 at 4:15pm
I love NPR, listen in the morning. When I eat breakfast I read the Washington Post, I also read it in the car (I can't drive don't worry). My school gets the Wash. Post and Wash. Times so sometimes I pick up the times. I also read it on the bus. So basically the Washington Post and NPR.