Page: 1

Theatrical Resumes

BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Theatrical Resumes#0
Posted: 1/25/04 at 4:08pm
Well, it is finally time to create a professional resume for myself! Can anyone help me with the format? Any good sites that show the format?
CCM '10!
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Theatrical Resumes#1
Posted: 1/25/04 at 7:30pm
No one? Hmmm
CCM '10!
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Theatrical Resumes#2
Posted: 1/25/04 at 7:35pm
I feel bad that you're being ignored. re: re: Theatrical Resumes
I did read your thread. I'm just not able to help at all. Sorry re: re: Theatrical Resumes
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
MyNameInLights Profile PhotoMyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Theatrical Resumes#3
Posted: 1/25/04 at 7:37pm
Me too, sorry I'm useless!
"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Theatrical Resumes#4
Posted: 1/25/04 at 7:37pm
Thanks TheaterBaby for not ignoreing me. I always try to answer someone if I do or do not know the answer.
CCM '10!
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Theatrical Resumes#6
Posted: 1/25/04 at 8:52pm
Excellent! Thanks, BG2. re: re: re: re: re: Theatrical Resumes If I get the job, I owe you half of the pay. re: re: re: re: re: Theatrical Resumes
CCM '10!
Updated On: 1/25/04 at 08:52 PM
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My only problems with that resume:

--NEVER list a film or play/musical in quotes. Only songs, articles, and poems are listed in quotes--never the title of a work. Use italics.

--Optional: A friend of mine (on Broadway) told me to cut all of the stats (Height, Age Range, etc.) They can see what you are. Don't put something on paper that will type yourself like that. However, if you (or an agent) feels differently, then include it.

--Optional: That huge pic on top is a waste of paper (aka room for credits). Better to just have a smaller pic in the upper right corner near your name or none at all.

--There needs to be a 4th column: theatre or producing organization (imagine that there are 4 columns here):

Chicago Velma Papermill Playhouse Mark S. Hoebee, dir.

or I put (dir. Mark S. Hoebee)---it's up to you

Broadway resumes list the Broadway house for the theatre:

Wonderful Town Ruth Sherwood Al Hirschfeld Kathleen Marshall, dir/choreo

--You might also use these headings in addition or instead of "stage":
Broadway, Off Broadway, New York, West End, National Tour, Regional Theatre, Workshop

--Education can be another valuable section, listing degrees, internships, and teachers.

Updated On: 1/26/04 at 02:02 AM
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I sort of forgot one thing: I am making a technical theatre resume. I have been in a minimal amount of shows, which can be added, but is there a difference is resume formats?
CCM '10!
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pretty much the same thing, bway, just substitute your job on the show for the role category. also add any seminars etc. that you've attended under education. proficiency with equipment, y'know, what kinda boards you're familiar with, what software you're comfortable with, can you program, etc. if you have a wholehog 2 in the basement that you like to lug around with you from show to show i'd add that. kinda depends on what level of job you're making the resume to get you. i mean the higher you go up the food chain, the more stuff you're supposed to know and the more stuff they assume you know.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
broadway1564
Understudy
Understudy
COVER LETTERS ... any idea what to do then? They are the most difficult to tackle.