Page: 2

2020 Nominations -

Broadway Joe Profile PhotoBroadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2020 Nominations - #26
Posted: 1/13/20 at 9:30pm
I hated marriage story and the lighthouse.

Really enjoyed parasite and the joker though.
spiderdj82 Profile Photospiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2020 Nominations - #27
Posted: 1/14/20 at 9:33am

My opinions: 

1) While I wasn't a big fan of the film (mostly the second half), I do agree that Lupita should have been nominated over Erivo. 

2) While there is an uproar, I agree with the Academy that Greta Gerwig should not have been nominated since the direction was nothing special. 

3) Even though it wasn't going to happen, I also wish Rebecca Ferguson would have been nominated for "Doctor Sleep." 

4) In regards to the uproar about the Oscar nominees that I am seeing on Facebook and other places......I, legit, want to ask the people complaining if they have actually seen any of these movies or performances (which I know a good deal have not) or are they just jumping on the bandwagon.  You can't say, "Jennifer Lopez should be nominated" when you didn't see her performance.  I agree that Hollywood needs to be more diverse BUT you shouldn't get nominated to meet a quota or prevent backlash either. 

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
Updated On: 1/14/20 at 09:33 AM
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2020 Nominations - #28
Posted: 1/14/20 at 11:09am

I'll call it for Ho or Tarantino as Best Director, with probably the Tarantino winning Best Picture.

I'd say that PARASITE is just exactly useless enough to win both Best Foreign Film AND Best Picture, but I doubt that's gonna happen.  Unless it does.  

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
hork Profile Photohork Profile Photo
hork
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2020 Nominations - #29
Posted: 1/14/20 at 11:13am

I doubt Parasite will win. I can see a world in which Joker or Jojo Rabbit takes the top prize because the Academy sucks that way. If not then probably The Irishman. I don't really see any of the others winning.

spiderdj82 Profile Photospiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2020 Nominations - #30
Posted: 1/14/20 at 12:32pm

While I love JoJo Rabbit I, personally, think 1917 will end up winning best picture with a possible best director for Mendes. 

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
Impossible2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2020 Nominations - #31
Posted: 1/14/20 at 5:03pm

Roscoe said: "I'll call it for Ho or Tarantino as Best Director, with probably the Tarantino winning Best Picture.
"

It's a somewhat ironic and cruel twist of fate that most great directors end up winning awards for their worst work instead of their best.

The fact he can win anything for OUATIH and yet didn't win for Pulp Fiction (and beaten by Forrest frickin Gump at that) is a travesty.

Impossible2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2020 Nominations - #32
Posted: 1/14/20 at 5:04pm

spiderdj82 said: "917 will end up winning best picture with a possible best director for Mendes."

I think that's their safest and least controversial bet.

sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2020 Nominations - #33
Posted: 1/14/20 at 9:48pm

Impossible2 said: "spiderdj82 said: "917 will end up winning best picture with a possible best director for Mendes."

I think that's their safest and least controversial bet.
"

Totes agree.

Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin ā€œIā€™m going to have to science the shit outta this.ā€ The Martian
Ravenclaw
Stand-by
Stand-by
2020 Nominations - #34
Posted: 1/15/20 at 3:59am

Roscoe said: "I'll call it for Ho or Tarantino as Best Director, with probably the Tarantino winning Best Picture."

Not trying to be nitpicky or call you out or anything, but just to clarify, Bong is actually his surname--in Korea (as in many Asian countries) the surname comes before the given name.

Parasite was the best film of the year to me, and I'm very happy to see how well it did, and I'll be rooting for it to take home best picture. I'm hoping Noah Baumbach and Greta Gerwig both take home screenplay awards. The fact that Phoenix is beating Driver for so many awards is just appalling to me. Best actress and best supporting actor are both really weak categories this year.

And here's my list of snubbed actors: Awkwafina, Alan Alda, Robert Deniro, Jennifer Lopez, Julianne Moore, Lupita Nyong'o, and Zhao Shuzhen

rosscoe(au) Profile Photorosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2020 Nominations - #35
Posted: 1/15/20 at 5:15am

I also don’t get the love for Joker, it was a one note performance. He started crazy and stayed that way for the endless two and bit hours. That film was a chore to get through, no real story arc , crazy , crazier , craziest. A real head scratcher on the love that’s been piled on. 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
Impossible2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2020 Nominations - #36
Posted: 1/18/20 at 3:41pm

rosscoe(au) said: "A real head scratcher on the love that’s been piled on."

Because comic movie fan boys crow the loudest x

Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement