Printer Friendly - re: re: re: Nathan and Matthew REturn!

Nathan and Matthew REturn!
Posted by Dollypop 2003-08-06 07:52:43

It was announced on EYEWITNESS NEWS this morning that Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick will be returning to THE PRODUCERS for 90 days in January. I guess that's the only way the show will be able to survive the January Slump.

re: Nathan and Matthew REturn!
Posted by Belasco07 2003-08-06 08:02:04

A long time ago I heard that they were going to take their work to London for a couple months. Is this still true? Whats going on!!!

re: re: Nathan and Matthew REturn!
Posted by Dollypop 2003-08-06 08:09:56

Ticket sales for THE PRODUCERS have taken a big nosedive lately. The months of January, February and March are death to all shows. Without star power on the marquee, THE PRODUCERS would probably have to post a closing notice after Christmas. Lane and Broderick may keep the show open until the ticket-buying season resumes around Easter.

I think theater-goers are finally realizing that this wasn't as good a show as they initially thought it was.

re: re: re: Nathan and Matthew REturn!
Posted by JakeB 2003-08-07 13:26:46

Well, I never saw the show with Nathan and Matthew but I still loved it, it's funny, the music is genius and the staging is brilliant.

re: re: re: re: Nathan and Matthew REturn!
Posted by sharon1 2003-08-07 15:26:03

I loved the show also. But maybe they are doing their roles again 1. to boost sales, and 2 to get ready for London

re: re: re: re: re: Nathan and Matthew REturn!
Posted by Broadwaylady 2003-08-07 16:05:37

I would love to see it again. This time with Nathan and Matthew.