Printer Friendly - good summer intensives for high schoolers

good summer intensives for high schoolers
Posted by broadwayboundck 2018-11-15 22:48:58

what are some really good summer intensives for musical theatre for high school students aspiring to do theatre?

Posted by theatrenerd505 2018-11-26 14:03:55

I did Boston University's summer theater institute. Its primarily based on acting but it helped me in other forms of singing and dancing too. Every day you have acting classes and theater ensemble. Two days a week you have stage combat, movement, singing, and voice and speech. Then you have 2 masterclasses a week. I got to meet so many amazing people from around the world and truly made me a better performer. Even though it is primarily acting coming back from it from the summer I was told that I had improved at singing, acting, and dancing. I also truly believe it made me a better person. Also the faculty is incredible!!!!! I loved everyone of my teachers so much. Also you get opportunities to see shows. While I was there they took us to see moulin rouge, a play called dark room and richard the 3rd. And after all 3 shows we got to talk with some of the actors (one who was tony award winner Karen Olivo). 

Posted by Chris03101 2018-12-09 14:04:44

Broadway Dreams is an amazing intensive I have been doing for 5 years now and it has completely changed my life. It has helped meld me into a better performer and person. Idk where I'd be without it. We have worked with Tony winners and Grammy nominated artists who are there to help make us better performers. It lasts for a week and you audition and you get placed into different numbers and you have rehearsals until the Saturday when the Numbers you have been working on are showcased in front of an audience. This is the program that truly cemented my love for theater. It showed me that the theatre was where I belonged.

Posted by Therese10 2019-01-06 23:29:37

I also am looking for a summer intensive! Ones I hear are good are CCM's program as well as Mpulse at University of Michigan.