BroadwayHD Celebrates St. Patrick's Day With Riverdance
Get ready to click your heels, stamp your feet, and dance along with some of the most exciting Irish Dancing to ever hit the stage. BroadwayHD, the premier theater service for live theater, debuts today a playlist of some of the best Riverdance performances from venues across the globe.
The playlist will be accessible through St. Patrick's Day, March 17 and is a great way to celebrate the holiday in your very own living room. Here are some of the productions you'll be able to check out:
- Riverdance in China: a documentary that focuses on Riverdance as an extraordinary cultural phenomenon. Starting with the enormous success that the show has achieved to date throughout the world we will follow the production to Beijing, seeing it as an important cultural engagement between Ireland and China, while also documenting what it takes to bring a show of this scale to a foreign location.
- Riverdance Live from New York City: Watch this extraordinary early Riverdance performance, captured at Radio City Music Hall in the heart of New York City.
- Riverdance Live from Beijing: Filmed live in the Beijing Exhibition Centre, this recording showcases the incredible beauty, energy and skill of the dance combined with the captivating rhythms of the music.
- Riverdance The Ten Years: Riverdance The Ten Years is a documentary celebrating the rise of Riverdance from a seven-minute Eurovision Song Contest interval in 1994 to a global dance phenomenon and an internationally recognized brand. The documentary follows the journey of Riverdance from the heady stages of creation, through the anxious formation of a full-length show and reveals the daunting logistics of managing a global spectacle. It examines the split with Michael Flatley, first night nerves on Broadway, the exclusive performance at the People's Hall in China and the rapid and unprecedented rise of the show to the heights of International success. Introduced by Gabriel Byrne, the documentary features in-depth interviews with Composer Bill Whelan, Producer Moya Doherty Director, John McColgan and Principal Dancer Jean Butler. Critics Clive Barnes, of The New York Post and Fintan O'Toole of The Irish Times give their analysis of the success of the show. It includes fly on the wall coverage back stage of dancers and cast. Other contributors include Michael Flatley, Liam Neeson, Senator Ted Kennedy, Shirley Bassey and John Hurt.
- Riverdance Today's Stars: Riverdance Today's Stars is a unique documentary focusing on the real-life stories of the stars of today's touring cast. The program joins the troupe group on a leg of their worldwide tour in Killarney, Ireland. It is a personal, candid and never before seen insight into the daily lives, trials and triumphs of the new leading lights of this spectacular show. For today's dancers, their dreams of being in Riverdance began when they saw its first performance at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994. They have spent years in pursuit of their place in the Riverdance troupe and the pressure to perform is on. Under the guidance of their mentor and dance director, Breandán de Gallí, who himself was the lead dancer in Riverdance for seven years, the troupe are putting the final touches to their rehearsals for opening night. Riverdance Today's Stars is an intimate portrait of these dancers, capturing the glory and the heartache involved in this unique show as they struggle through the physical punishment their dancing demands to shine on stage. captured live at Radio City Music Hall in City.
For over two decades, nothing has carried the energy, the sensuality and the spectacle of Riverdance. The worldwide phenomenon began its journey as the interval act in the Eurovision Song Contest. This electrifying and innovative seven-minute dance piece was then developed into a full-length stage show. With its innovative fusion of Irish and international dance, music and song the show broke all box-office records during its world premières in Dublin, London and New York and has continued to set new records in packed theatres and arenas throughout the world.
BroadwayHD introduces award-winning theater from across the globe with both classic and modern productions. Fans can expect to see the full works of Shakespeare, awe-inspiring performances from Cirque du Soleil and a selection of the world's greatest musicals including Phantom of the Opera, Oklahoma, Billy Elliot, Cats, and Les Miserables. All performances are adapted specifically for streaming audiences to maximize the entertainment experience. To learn more about BroadwayHD, visit www.broadwayhd.com
More Hot Stories For You
Full casting has been announced for the upcoming Broadway production of Company! Joining the previously announced Katrina Lenk as Bobbie and Patti LuP... (read more)
Zachary Noah Piser to Join Cast of DEAR EVAN HANSEN as Evan Alternate; Plus New Cast Begins Tomorrow
Zachary Noah Piser will join the Broadway company of Dear Evan Hansen on November 26, 2019 as the 'Evan alternate', playing his first performance as E... (read more)
Breaking: THE WHO'S TOMMY Will Come Back to Broadway in 2021
It was announced today that producers Hal Luftig and Patrick Catullo will bring a new production of the classic rock opera The Who's Tommy back to Bro... (read more)
Krystal Joy Brown Will Play Eliza in HAMILTON on Broadway
According to Page Six, Krystal Joy Brown will take over the role of Eliza Hamilton in the Broadway company of Hamilton beginning December 10.... (read more)
Photo Flash: In Rehearsal with the Tour Cast of BANDSTAND
Get a peek inside rehearsals for the Tony Award-winning musical Bandstand before the company heads out for the national tour.... (read more)
VIDEO: Go Inside Rehearsal For FUNNY GIRL in Paris, Led By Christina Bianco!
Funny Girl, starring Christina Bianco, is coming to THeatre Marigny in Paris, beginning November 7. Bianco took to Twitter to give a behind the scenes... (read more)