NBC NIGHTLY NEWS is America's Most-Watched Evening Newscast
NBC NIGHTLY NEWS, NBC News
"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" continued as America's most-watched network evening newscast in both total viewers and adults 25-54 for the week ending August 23, 2013, according to Nielsen Media Research data. Nightly has won in total viewers for 206 consecutive weeks, and in 253 of the past 254 weeks.
· Nightly delivered 7.163 million total viewers, +174,000 more than ABC World News' 6.989 million and +1,321,000 more than CBS Evening News' 5.842 million.
· Nightly averaged a 4.9/10 Household rating, ahead of ABC's 4.8/10 and CBS' 4.0/8.
· Nightly delivered a 1.5 A25-54 rating, tied with ABC and +3 tenths more than CBS's 1.2 rating.
· Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 1.802 million viewers, +61,000 ahead of World News' 1.741 million, and +326,000 ahead of Evening News' 1.476 million.
· Nightly has won in total viewers for 206 consecutive weeks, and in 253 of the past 254 weeks.
· Nightly has won in viewers A25-54 for 247 of the past 248 weeks.
· Season-to-date, Nightly leads World News by +736,000 total viewers, and by +277,000 Adult 25-54 viewers (+2 tenths).
Patrick Burkey is the executive producer of "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams." For more news and information, go to www.nbcnightlynews.com, Facebook.com/NBCNightlyNews, or follow on Twitter @nbcnightlynews.