Grammy Performers, Winners Rise on Amazon.com Movers & Shakers List
Last night's Grammy Awards were packed with huge moments like top performances from Jay-Z & Beyoncé and surprise winners like Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. But how did the winners, nominees and performers stack up on Amazon.com? See below for the purchasing trends and biggest gainers in sales rank as tracked on Monday, January 27th, at 9:00 AM PST.
· Following Lorde's captivating performance and two Grammy wins, her song Royals and her album Pure Heroine rose to the #1 spot on Amazon's MP3 bestselling song and album chart, respectively.
· Following her wins for Best Country Song and Best Country Album, newcomer Kacey Musgraves' Follow Your Arrow song spiked 644% in sales rank, rising from #268 to #36 on Amazon's MP3 bestselling song chart, while her album Same Trailer Different Park rose 1,784% in sales rank, rising from the #20 spot to the #2 spot on Amazon's MP3 bestselling album chart.
· Imagine Dragon's live performance and Grammy win led to spikes for their album Night Visions, which jumped 103% in sales rank, moving from #53 to #26 on Amazon's MP3 bestselling album chart, and their single On Top of the World, which jumped 94% in sales rank on the song chart, moving from #323 to #166.
· Taylor Swift's performance of All Too Well led to that song to rise 16,062% in sales rank moving from #10,668 to #66 and her album Red climbing to the #5 spot.
· David Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Pat Smear and Paul McCartney's Grammy win for Best Rock Song led their song Cut Me Some Slack to rise 9,558% in sales rank moving from #21,943 to #134.
· The 2014 Grammy Nominees album rose to the #1 spot on the bestselling chart for Amazon Music.
· Chicago's Greatest Hits album rose 238% in sales rank on the bestselling chart for Amazon Music after their performance with Robin Thicke, moving from the #1,001 spot to #296.
· Following his performance with Daft Punk, Stevie Wonder's The Definitive Collection CD jumped 145% in sales rank on the bestselling chart for Amazon Music, moving from #642 to #262. Additionally, Daft Punk's CD Random Access Memories rose 1,600% in sales rank, moving from #51 to claim the #3 spot on the bestselling chart for Amazon Music.
· Justin Timberlake's win for Best Music Video led his CD, The 20/20 Experience, to spike 211% in sales rank on the bestselling chart for Amazon Music, moving from #165 to #53.
Be sure to check out all the music from the Grammy Award winners, nominees and performers in Amazon's Music and MP3 stores. To learn more about Amazon MP3 and Amazon Cloud Player - Amazon's cloud music service that lets customers instantly play songs from any Kindle Fire, Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPod touch, Ford SYNC-equipped vehicles, Samsung TVs, Roku, Sonos, and any web browser - visit www.amazon.com/MP3.
About Movers & Shakers in MP3 Songs
Movers & Shakers identifies the biggest gainers in sales rank compared to twenty-four hours ago. For example, if a music item has a current sales rank of 10, but was ranked 30 twenty-four hours ago, its Movers & Shakers increase would be 200%.
Photo courtesy of CBS