Highline Ballroom Announces Their Upcoming Shows And Events
Highline Ballroom is located at 431 West 16th Street between 9th Avenue and 10th Avenue.
- Tickets may be purchased through Ticketweb, online at ticketweb.com or at the Highline Box Office from noon until doors close at 866-468-7619.
- We are a full-scale restaurant. We also have a full bar with all premier liquors and domestic and international cold beer, and we serve a full menu at all of our concerts. A $10 food and/or beverage minimum is standard for table seating during shows.
- Unless otherwise noted, all shows are suitable for all ages and offer general admission seating. Seating for all shows is first come, first seated; we do not take advance table reservations, except where noted as a condition of a VIP ticket. We cannot seat incomplete parties. Standing room for all shows is available at our bar.
- For further show information, directions to the venue and for the latest updates visit us on the web at www.highlineballroom.com or call 212-414-4314.
All events are subject to change.
· DAS RACIST - Thursday, February 3 - SHOW @ 8:00PM
· SLAUGHTERHOUSE - Tuesday, February 8 - SHOW @ 10:00PM
· POGO - Saturday, March 5 - SHOW @ 7:30PM
· Karla Bonoff - Thursday, March 17 - SHOW @ 8:00PM
· PUi - Friday, March 18 - SHOW @ 7:30PM
· DEVOTCHKA - Wednesday, March 23 & Thursday, March 24 - SHOW @ 9:00PM
· DIRTY MARTINI & THE NEW BURLESQUE - Saturday, April 16 - SHOW @ 8:00PM
· ARI HEST - Thursday, May 5 - SHOW @ 8:00PM
UPCOMING SHOWS - January 31 - February 6
EVERY SATURDAY LATE NIGHT at The Highline Ballroom:
The Rewind Show
with live performances and celebrity DJs
21 or over to enter
Doors at 10:30pm, Show at 11:00pm
$20 at door
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rewind Show is a vision we have had for as long as we have been in the business of night clubs and event planning. We are tired of the same concept that every night-club in NYC has been stuck with over the years and think that it's time to change the way to party! As we all know nothing can compare to a live performance and therefore we have created the Rewind Show! We want to bring an experience like no other by combining the live music of the 80's Rock & Roll era along with the best DJ's spinning the present hits. Every Saturday night, the Highline Ballroom will operate as a high-end night club to let people experience the Rewind Show. (http://therewindshow.com/)
Monday, January 31
Doors at 6:00pm, Show at 7:00pm
$10 adv, $15 at door
Singer-Songwriter Tina Dickow hails from Aarhus. Having decided to plot the 'indie route' in her native Denmark, Tina released her first album 'Fuel' in 2001 to critical acclaim. Not happy to rest on her laurels, Tina's wanderlust took her to London where she embarked on two years of musical isolation and discovery. Along the way, she was invited to feature on Zero 7's second album 'When It Falls'. Featuring on two tracks, Tina went on to tour the world with the band. In the midst of this, Tina found time to write, record and release a second album ('Notes') and an EP that was released solely in the UK and North America ('Far'). This activity culminated in signing a major record deal with Sony in the UK. Tina went on to record what would be her most successful album to date ('In The Red'). The album was produced by Chris Potter (best known for his work with The Verve). With the Sony/BMG restructuring, Tina became a pawn in the merger and the newly formed Sony BMG gave Tina back the masters for her to release independently. Since then, Tina has never looked back. Picking up several music awards along the way, Tina continued to tour extensively, signed a licensing deal with Universal in Germany and gathered further critical acclaim from all quarters. Tina is now about to release her 4th studio album ('Count To Ten') and already the critics and media are sighting this recording as her most important and personal release to date.
Tuesday, February 1
MS. Lauryn Hill
**PLEASE NOTE THIS SHOW WAS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED FOR DEC 27TH, BUT DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER THE NEW DATE IS FEB 1ST. ALL TIX HONORED. REFUNDS AVAILABLE AT POINT OF PURCHASE**
Doors at 7:00pm, Show at 8:00pm
Hip-hop queen and international soul sensation Lauryn Hill is an ‘artist' of the truest type, inspiring millions as a singer, songwriter, rapper, producer, musician and film actress. Born in South Orange, New Jersey, Hill early established herself as one of music's most brilliant vocalists while performing in The Fugees, with songs such as "Killing Me Softly with His Song" solidifying the singer's worldwide acclaim. Her incredible career as a solo artist began in 1998 with the release of her six-time platinum The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, a neo soul masterpiece which by the end of the year topped virtually every "best of" list in the industry and took home a staggering five Grammy Awards - Album of the Year, Best New Artist, Best Female R&B Vocal Performance, Best R&B Song ("Doo Wop (That Thing)") and Best R&B Album - establishing Lauryn Hill as the first woman to ever win five of the awards in a single year.