Andrea Martin out all of August

Matt1
Stand-by
Posted: 8/1/13 at 10:57pm
It has been confirmed by Telecharge that Andrea M. is out of Pippin all of August.

Updated On: 8/1/13 at 10:57 PM
jv92
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:04pm
While the woman deserves a vacation, since she's not just a popular star, but also a Tony-winner for the show, they ought to get a "star replacement." The Weisslers are good at that, so why wait?

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:05pm
It's a little late.
"Colbert is toast after this latest flap." -- Mr Roxy "Read 'Atlas Shrugged'." -- Gothampc
givesmevoice
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:07pm
Why would it be Ticketmaster and not Telecharge, who actually sells Pippin's tickets?
When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Matt1
Stand-by
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:07pm
Been told she is in until Sunday. I find it very wrong of her. She doesn't stage door and is taking a month off. I can see a week, but a month? Kind of sick of her anyway. I did however, enjoy her performance when I saw Pippin.
Matt1
Stand-by
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:08pm
It is Telecharge.
Visceral_Fella
Broadway Star
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:09pm
Here we go.
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:10pm
"Sick of her"?
Current Avatar: Tony-winner Idina Menzel, delivering a sucker-punch of an 11:00 number, "Always Starting Over," in IF/THEN.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:11pm
Matt1 for Troll of the Week? There should be a rule here that people with join dates in the present year can only post about the weather.
"Colbert is toast after this latest flap." -- Mr Roxy "Read 'Atlas Shrugged'." -- Gothampc
givesmevoice
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:11pm
Maybe she's taking time off for the Indira tour?

Indira/Evita
When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:12pm
"Wrong" of her? At 66 years old, performing a physically challenging role 8 times a week, plus all of the press events that they've been doing, the woman must be exhausted.

Plus, who are you to judge when you don't know the whole story? There are a plethora of reasons why she may need a month off. And if the producers gave her permission to take that month off, it must have been a compelling reason.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
N2N Nate.
Broadway Star
Why is she taking a month off?
So Lauren Bacall me, anything goes! *wink*
Matt1
Stand-by
Yes, sick of the diva attitude. She gets a standing ovation mid show and she leaves out another door after the show and is taking a month off. Just my opinion.
Matt1
Stand-by
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:13pm
Vacation.
justincharacter
Broadway Star
"Kind of sick of her anyway"

Your problem?
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
It's so hard to keep track of when we love our divas and when we hate our divas, isn't it?
Matt1
Stand-by
Wow, just my opinion.
givesmevoice
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:14pm
She should absolutely come out the stage door and kiss the palms of every audience member who gave her a standing ovation.
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Wow. A whole month right after winning the Tony? I know actors deserve a vacation like anyone else, but a whole month fresh off a big win is a little frustrating. Guess I won't get to see her in August. I was looking forward more to Patina Miller anyways.
"Heck anyone with a ticket stub is qualified to have an opinion." - Dramamama
Famebroadway2
Leading Actor
She is 66 years old and performing aerial stunts 8x a week. She can take a month off if she needs it.

Get a life dude!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:15pm
"Wow, just my opinion.

Opinions, as the old saying goes, and which you reaffirm, are just like a-holes. Everybody's got one and a lot of them are full of crap.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:16pm
Matt1 for Troll of the Week? There should be a rule here that people with join dates in the present year can only post about the weather.

Cosigned.
justincharacter
Broadway Star
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:16pm
LEAVE ANDREA MARTIN ALONE!
N2N Nate.
Broadway Star
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:18pm
I understand that it may be a bit disappointing to not be able to see her but at her age I certainty don't blame her. Patina had to take a few days off also. Both women are probably just exhausted.

So Lauren Bacall me, anything goes! *wink*
Updated On: 8/1/13 at 11:18 PM
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:20pm
Any word on who will be playing the role for the month?
"Heck anyone with a ticket stub is qualified to have an opinion." - Dramamama
jackieoh
Stand-by
Posted: 8/1/13 at 11:20pm
You are not entitled to a meeting with a Tony-winning actress right after her physically grueling performance, especially at her age. Some people take the stage-dooring fad a little too far. She deserves respect.