Comscore

Footloose Audition Help

GetBackUp25
Understudy
Footloose Audition Help
Posted: 9/2/12 at 03:07pm
My school is putting on a production of Footloose in a couple months and I would like to be Ariel or Rusty. The problem is I don't know if one should audition for an 80s rock show like Footloose with a rock song or a musical theater song.

My ideas for show tunes that could work are
U.N.C.O.U.P.L.E.D - Starlight Express
Dancing Queen - Mamma Mia
Take Me Or Leave Me (Maureen's part) - Rent
Not for the Life of Me - Thoroughly Modern Millie
Out Here On My Own - Fame

And some rock songs I think could work are
Flashdance (What A Feeling) by Irene Cara
Papa Don't Preach by Madonna
Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benatar
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
Kids in America by Kim Wilde

So which kind of song would be best to audition for Footloose with and which songs that I've listed would be best for the parts I want?
iluv2sing1995
Swing
Footloose Audition Help
Posted: 9/12/12 at 07:06pm
Well my sister and some friends of mine just auditioned for Footloose. I would say sing a musical theater song that shows your personality, but maybe has a rock or pop style, like something from Rock of Ages or Hairspray.
GetBackUp25
Understudy
Footloose Audition Help
Posted: 9/12/12 at 08:21pm
Thanks, now I just need help deciding between my top 3 which are Super Trouper from Mamma Mia, U.N.C.O.U.P.L.E.D. from Starlight Express or the Glee version (since that's the one sung by a girl) of Sweet Transvestite from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

So, bearing in mind that I've decided on auditioning for Ariel, which would be the best of those three for that part since all three show my personality and have a rock or pop style (even though U.N.C.O.U.P.L.E.D is more country pop)?