Comscore

Top Musical Theatre Schools

beltingbaritone Profile Photo
beltingbaritone
Broadway Star
Posted: 7/20/12 at 06:54pm
I realize this is a rather subjective topic, and maybe even one that has been discussed at length, but I always find the discussion of what people consider top musical theatre schools very interesting. And of course, every program is what you make of it, and a good education can be received anywhere with the right individual. But since musical theatre conservatories don't have a rating system a la "Top 20 Schools" I always like to hear everyone's opinion.

What schools do view as the some of the best? I suppose it can always be said that CCM, UMich, BoCo, and CMU have some of the biggest names and long standing reputation, but places like Ithaca and Elon are certainly up and comers from what I've heard/read. Haven't really heard about the revamped program at NYU.

Happy discussion!

Men don't even belt.
CaissieFan101
Chorus Member
Posted: 7/22/12 at 10:40pm
AMDA
beltingbaritone Profile Photo
beltingbaritone
Broadway Star
Posted: 7/24/12 at 07:15pm
I went to AMDA, and directly after went to CCM. As a former student I'd have to say that it is not regarded as a top musical theatre school in the industry. Each student's opinion is, of course, their own. I learned a lot, but would have to say CCM was the better of the two schools I attended.
Men don't even belt.

Advertisement Advertisement