Flashback: LYSISTRATA JONES' Journey to Broadway
LYSISTRATA JONES plays its final performance today at 3:00pm at the Walter Kerr Theatre (219 West 48th street). Upon closing, the musical will have played 34 previews and 30 performances. Written by Tony nominee Douglas Carter Beane (book) and Lewis Flinn (music/lyrics), LYSISTRATA JONES is directed and choreographed by Tony nominee Dan Knechtges.
LYSISTRATA JONES stars Patti Murin (Lysistrata Jones), Liz Mikel (Hetaira), Josh Segarra (Mick), Jason Tam (Xander), and Lindsay Nicole Chambers (Robin) with Alexander Aguilar (‘Uardo), Ato Blankson-Wood (Tyllus), Katie Boren (Lampito), Kat Nejat (Cleonice), LaQuet Sharnell (Myrrhine), Teddy Toye (Harold) and Alex Wyse (Cinesius), with understudies LaVon Fisher-Wilson, Libby Servais, Charlie Sutton, Barrett Wilbert Weed, and Jared Zirilli.
The Athens University basketball team hasn’t won a game in 30 years. But when spunky transfer student Lysistrata Jones (Murin) dares the squad’s fed-up girlfriends to stop ‘giving it up’ to their boyfriends until they win a game, their legendary losing streak could be coming to an end. In this boisterous new musical comedy, Lyssie J. and her girl-power posse give Aristophanes’ classic comedy a sexy, modern twist and take student activism to a whole new level. Get a look back at the production - from its Dallas incarnation to Broadway - below!
The cast of LYSISTRATA JONES celebrates the show's Off-Broadway opening at Transport Theatre Group.
The cast of LYSISTRATA JONES at Transport Theatre Group.
Liz Mikel in LYSISTRATA JONES at Transport Theatre Group.
The Broadway cast gets lessons from basketball Hall of Famer Chris Mullen.
The cast of LYSISTRATA JONES celebrates the show's Broadway opening night.
- Hottest Articles on BWW from Thursday, Dec. 12
- The Fulton to Offer First-Ever Chicago Theatre Tour; Registration Deadline 1/8
- Pilobolus to Return to Houston 1/10; Program Features Collaborative Work with Penn & Teller
- Photo Flash: First Glance at Lookingglass Theatre's THE LITTLE PRINCE
- Photo Flash: TheatreWorks' LITTLE WOMEN Opens in a Flurry
- Chicago Playworks for Families and Young Audiences Presents NUMBER THE STARS Based on Lois Lowry's Newbery Award-winning Novel January 18 - February 22, 2014
- Plano Children's Theatre Adds Four Performances Each of SCROOGE and WILLY WONKA
- Hell in a Handbag Productions Adds Four Performances of CHRISTMAS DEAREST, 1/3-5
- Surfside Players to Stage CHRISTMAS CAROLERS, 12/20-22
- HISPA Role Model Program Inspires Students to Attend College