Page: 1

Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?

Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#1
Posted: 9/5/08 at 4:46am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1052575/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Michael-Caine-Willa-Holland-more.html

Seems too big a theatre for this show, especially as it is apparantely quite different from the film and what audiences will expect
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#2
Posted: 9/5/08 at 5:05am
Anthony Van Laast as choreographer?
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#2
Posted: 9/5/08 at 5:07am
The Palladium was rumored last year and they were told it was too big!
(This is Baz talking mind!)
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#3
Posted: 9/5/08 at 6:14am
What the hell? Is there, like, a limit to how many nuns are allowed in the West End at one time or something?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#4
Posted: 9/5/08 at 6:22am
Its getting to be a habit.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
lovepigeon Profile Photolovepigeon Profile Photo
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#5
Posted: 9/5/08 at 6:23am
This has got to be bollocks. I mean, look at this fella's idiotic musings over Rain Man. Sister Act will fall on its face in a theatre that big.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#6
Posted: 9/5/08 at 6:32am
Haha!
What else has Baz come up with today????
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#7
Posted: 9/5/08 at 6:40am
Some poo about him off X Factor not minding people smoking near him. Fascinating stuff.

And look at his picture... he's horrible!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#8
Posted: 9/5/08 at 6:42am
Who?
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#9
Posted: 9/5/08 at 7:29am
This is the same guy who banging on about LB going to the Piccadilly which was never going to happen (as i said) Blonde had looked at the Piccadilly almost a year ago but said it was to small.

Im sure this guy just gets bored and makes crap up
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#10
Posted: 9/5/08 at 7:47am
Oh you know him too! lol
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#11
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:18am
No I don't!

In the LB marketing book (which, come to think of it did land in our office almost a year ago), all their artwork mock ups said Piccadilly Theatre on them. When I asked them about it, they got really nasty. I can see why now if they did something so stupid when nothing was set in stone.

Sure, I get bored but not bored enough to make stuff up. I just share what comes my way, however out of date.

Forgiven?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#12
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:22am
You have to be careful what you post on here cos some people jump down on you from a great height if you get something wrong or what ever.
I always seek permission before posting here, even on the smallest thing.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#13
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:25am
I didn't even mean you LovePigeon so no need to feel bad, and anyway like i said originally they were heading for the Piccadilly xxxx
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#14
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:28am
Pidg, we both meant Baz not you darling!
Marcus2
Understudy
Understudy
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#15
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:28am
I saw Sound of music last night, bought third price stalls seats on lasminute for 22.50, was upgraded to centre row D with an empty 2 rows infront. Perfect!

The Palladium was half full at a push, it was really sad to see it so empty, it just felt weird. But the production is amazing, Summer is good but the star of the show is Margaret Preece as Mother Abbess, her voice was ouit of this world. Didn't rate Simon MacCorkindale, acting was very stiff, singing wasn't singing but an awful off pitch sound and was so old it made his and Maria's relationship seem like pedophillia.

This show has to close soon and for Sister Act to come in isn't a bad thing at all. Although will see how long it lasts in such a vast space as the Palladium!
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#16
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:29am
Yeah, I'm kind of getting that now. But then, it's only a web forum... it's not as if people are coming on here for proper research. A lot of it is gossip more than anything, which I'm more than happy with.

Thanks for the heads up though xx
Updated On: 9/5/08 at 08:29 AM
fairygodmother Profile Photofairygodmother Profile Photo
fairygodmother
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#17
Posted: 9/6/08 at 7:29am
I also heard from a reliable source (not someone in box office, i promise!) that the Palladium was the plan so far. That's not to say that it could all change/get cancelled etc. Interesting that they're workshopping again - there were a lot of changes in the last one, maybe they felt they still wanted to play with it. There wasn't any choreography or staging last time either, so it would be great to see what someone like Van Laast could do!
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#18
Posted: 9/6/08 at 3:45pm
Yep, was hearing New London originally, but now Palladium. Big mistake in my view unless they have some major star up their sleeve to play Dolores...
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sound of Music out, Sister Act in?#19
Posted: 9/6/08 at 9:28pm
....and in that house... a limited run of 9 months to a year!