Page: 1

Christmas In Drag At The Royal Court Theatre

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Christmas In Drag At The Royal Court Theatre

Londons Royal Court Theatre is going all out glam this coming Christmas. With the help of set designer Ultz, the theatre is being transformed into a drag queens boudoir for the new play 'Wig Out!'
The production is written by 26 year old American playwright Tarell Alvin McCraney and directed by the Royal Courts artistic director, Dominic Cooke.
The play focuses on a house shared by drag queens, dubbed 'The House Of Light', whose inhabitants are primping for a catwalk showdown with other drag houses, and comes complete with pumping dance music, flamboyant costumes and a club cabaret backdrop!
According to Dominic Cook it 'explores what being a 'man' today really means. It is also an intelligent and playful Christmas show'.

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 8/28/08 at 08:35 AM
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
how very misleading of you!! there was me thinking we were gonna get to see Wickedboy in a one man drag show at the Royal Court singing us christmas hits..! re: Christmas In Drag At The Royal Court Theatre
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No, I'm at The palladium this year!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ooh The Palladium, someones moving on up!!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well i see it as bit of come down after last years Royal Albert Hall gig!
They still cant get all the glitter out of my my dressing room!
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ooh now i come to think of it, i did read somewhere that that was due to a glitter factory exploding right next to the Royal Albert Hall. But this seems like a much more reasonable explanation.