Page: 1

'Cinderella-The Musical' Southampton 2008

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Cinderella-The Musical' Southampton 2008

Additional casting has now been announced for this supposedly huge 'musical pantomime'. It opens at the Mayflower in Southampton this Christmas with Chris Biggins as Buttons.
Stephanie powers is to play the Fairy Godmother.
Matthew Kelly is to play one of the Ugly sisters along side his son as the the other Ugly Sister.
This was announced as being a new spectacular take on the traditional pantomime boasting Biggins straight out of the jungle and the only pantomine in the land to have a full orchestra in the pit. The casting of Biggins as Buttons has confused many (including himself!) as he was expected to play dame as he is widely regarded as amongst the top in the business. Matthew Kelly and son (Matthew Rixon), will just not be able to hit the heights of glorious panto camp that two 50 odd year old performers could. For someone who loves panto as much as i do I'm bitterly disappointed with the casting.. I don't expect too much from the company producing the show either after seeing their dire productions of 'Annie' and 'Hello Dolly' recently!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 5/6/08 at 07:27 AM
thatgirl712 Profile Photothatgirl712 Profile Photo
thatgirl712
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've been wondering what Stephanie Powers has been up to.
If I heard the bells and the banjos ring
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She's just finished a lengthy run as Anna in 'The King And I' in the States.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'