Page: 1

Cabaret- when will julian clary leave?

twitchy+bitchy+manic
Stand-by
Stand-by
Cabaret- when will julian clary leave?#1
Posted: 3/7/08 at 8:05pm
does anyone have any idea when he'll be leaving, or who they'll be replacing him with? cause really, I can't wait to have someone who's talented back in the role. Clary can't even sing the "willkommen" bit at the finale behind cliff, they have the young nazi sing it instead. and they have a backing track singing "willkommen" in the small bit the emcee has at the start anyway. Really, this man is ruining a show that I really have. I was just wondering if anyone knew when he's gone, or if anyone has inside knowledge on who might be replacing him?
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think from what i have heard hes doing the tour
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
twitchy+bitchy+manic
Stand-by
Stand-by
well, as long as he's leaving the west end production, I'm happy. Thanks for the info.
ullabelt
Stand-by
Stand-by
hehehe ahhh bless him. is he really bad? who will be taking over?
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i think richard o'brien would make a brilliantly creepy emcee, but i'd love to see alan cumming do it in the lyric production
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
twitchy+bitchy+manic
Stand-by
Stand-by
ooo, both those suggestions sound pretty good. i really can't think of any actors who could take over the emcee role in the lyric production atm, mainly a testament to my lack of knowledge of musical theatre male leads in London. Maybe an unknown? or they could continue the gay comedian trend, and bring in Alan Carr. ;P
everythingtaboo Profile Photoeverythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw the show last month, and was underwhelmed by Clary. I'm not too familiar with Mr Clary, according to the program he's quite beloved, but I thought he was the weakest link in the show.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008