LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS: SHUTS DOWN 8TH SEPTEMBER

mattie29 Profile Photomattie29 Profile Photo
mattie29
Stand-by
Stand-by
cant belive it little shop is closing at the ambassador theatre ahead of a uk tour ! what do we all think to be honest im gutted
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That is really sad and im very surprised after such a short but originaly succesful season. I havent seen it in town-yet- but the Menier show was amazing. Ive had fond memories of 'Little Shop' since i saw the first preview at the Comedy back in 1983. Hope th etour goes ahead but then again its tour a lot already around the UK and it doesnt have the same audience as 'Joseph' or 'Fame'. Paul Keating only said last week that they were in advanced stages of getting a recording date. Lets hope that goes ahead.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 8/19/07 at 03:37 PM
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It is a shame it is closing, I saw it twice at the Duke of Yorks, I will have to try to get to it again before it closes.

I hope a recording happens, the production deserves it. I guess it is less likely now.

Is the tour a definite? or will it be like The Woman in White tour?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The recording of Sunday In The Park was done knowing the show was closeing and very near or after the show had closed at the Wyndams. We need another UK recording because all we have is the Su Pollard touring production. Saw it in Wimbledon with about 70 others in the audience.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Such a great show I saw at the Menier Chocolat Factory last January ! Hope it will come back soon ! Talented cast too !
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As i said on another thread they wont be a cast recording of this show im afraid.

The tour is 100 percent definite
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Um, 'Sunday In The Park With George' knew they were doing a limited run at the Wyndham's, but they recorded before they went in there.
Clara's Pony Profile PhotoClara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
It's so sad that it's ending. I'm surprised it didn't last until the end of the year.
Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Shame it couldn't run until the 23rd day of the month of September...
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
I said the exact same thing last night to someone, but I looked and 23rd September is a Sunday so they would have had to put in an extra show, but that would have been cool!
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It would have been so cool, they could have made an event of it.
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Isn't it the 21st day of the month of September...? I think that's the date we can hear on the 1982 original off-Broadway Cast recording !
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
vmlinnie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No, definitely the 23rd Day.

I'm upset now, it's great. I saw it less than two weeks ago. Sheridan was amazing, and Alastair was hilarious. The current Cast and band were contracted until November, but obviously they've decided to cut it short. Best of Luck to all of them in the future.
The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller
roseaddams Profile Photoroseaddams Profile Photo
roseaddams
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It was originally the 21st, but the movie changed it to 23rd. Then the broadway revival said the 21st again, and now the london revival is the 23rd. Yay alternation!
"You mean what was the best picture of the year or what did they pick as the best picture of the year?" - California Suite
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Contracts! Nearly a year now.
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i love this show!
its a real shame it's going to close!
i saw it in duke of yorks, and thought the cast was amazing as was everythign else about it. A real shaming its shutting down. Anybody know anything about where there will go, and when etc?
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
mrkringas Profile Photomrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
A recording would be nice but as much as I enjoyed this show I would always prefer listening to the recent Broadway revival.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It might be nice to listen to but to look at it was so disappointing- the first ever Broadway production and it was a great big mess. It lost its original Audrey actress early and then hired a new director before opening to tepid reviews. It is a good Cd but i hated the show on stage. Little Shop is of my top fave shows after seeing the London 1983 production with Ellen Greene.
London doesnt have a recording.
Updated On: 8/18/07 at 09:03 PM
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Was I alone in being disappointed by this production? I can't help feeling this revival has under-achieved.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
only because it had a budget under the norm for a Broadway or West End show. At least it got to town. I realy missed the surprise ending from the Comedy Theatre production- "dont tell the end to your friends!" brilliant stuff.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jeez ive just 'tried' to listen to Su Pollards production ouch!
Bruce Memblagh!
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Actually anything with Su Pollard in is painful both to watch and to listen to.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Little Shop
Babes In Arms
Menapause
Me And My Girl .....the ear ache goes on.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I loved this revival but i also really enjoyed the Broadway production to.Sure it was big and over the top but it was so much fun.I watched it just before it closed at the virginia theatre and the show was tight.

I loved the cast as well and the plant was pretty amazing especially at the end when it lurched out in to the audience.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Sorry I saw Su as Miss Hannigan in the UK tour of "Annie" and she was swell !