Mad Cow Theatre Announces Cast Of GLORIA
Style. Status. Success. A group of twentysomething editorial assistants are pursuing it all at one of New York's most esteemed cultural magazines. When a seemingly normal day at the office turns out to be anything but, these aspiring journalists recognize an opportunity to seize a career-defining moment. In this dark comedy, MacArthur "genius" grant winner Jacobs-Jenkins skewers the cutthroat, opportunistic culture of modern media.
"Gloria is an exciting, major new play from playwright Branden Jacobs-Jenkins - one of the most brilliant young writers working in American theatre," said Mad Cow Theatre Executive Director Mitzi Maxwell. "Gloria sings with the vitality of youth and will shake you to your core. Don't miss this shocking play that lingers with the human touch."
This work place dark comedy features Sarah Matthews (The Laramie Project, Candida, Anton in Show Business), as Gloria/Nan, alongside John Hamilton Rice (The Philadelphia Story, The Three Sisters) as Lorin and Zackery Roundry (The Royal Family) as Dean/Devin, and Jen Chia, in her first Mad Cow show, as Kendra/Jenna. Also making debut appearances are Kristin Shirilla as Ani/Sasha/Callie, and Patrick Jackson as Miles/Shawn/Rashaad.
This production is directed by Mark Edward Smith (The Mystery of Edwin Drood, Fun Home, The Amish Project). Lighting design is by Casey Price (The Mystery of Edwin Drood) and scenic design by Cliff Price (Buyer and Cellar, Bad and Jews). David Greene is the sound designer and Dwayne Broadnax (Bad Jews) is the costume designer.
*Member of Actors' Equity Association
Previous work with Mad Cow in parentheses
Gloria runs February 15 to March 10 in the Zehngebot-Stonerock Theatre at Mad Cow Theatre 54 W. Church Street (second floor) in downtown Orlando. (Click here for directions). Performances are at 8:00 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and 3:00 p.m. Sundays, with additional performances Saturday, February 23 at 3:00 p.m. and Wednesday, April 6 at 8:00 p.m.
- Opening Night is February 15 at 8:00 p.m. The opening-night performance will be followed by Mad Cow's traditional champagne reception in the lobby.
- Preview Performances are February 13 and 14.
- Pay-What-You-Wish will take place Wednesday, March 6 at 8:00 p.m.
- The Saturday Matinee will take place February 23.
- Talkbacks take place after each Thursday and Sunday performance. Talkbacks are free to audience members, and the public may attend at no extra cost.
- Tickets are $42. Preview tickets are $15. Tickets are available at madcowtheatre.com or by calling patron services at Mad Cow Theatre at 407-297-8788 ext. 1.
- All Tickets are subject to a $3 facility fee. Students receive a $10 discount with ID. Military receive a $10 discount with ID. Seniors 65+ receive a $5 discount. Group discounts are available for parties of 10 or more. Student groups of 10 or more are eligible for a 50% discount on full-price tickets.
- Parking Information is available here.
- Our Theatre is on the Second Floor at 54 W. Church St., Orlando, FL, 32801
- Our Mailing Address is P.O. Box 3109, Orlando, FL, 32802
Gloria is not suitable for children. Recommended for age 17+. The show contains explicit content, mature language, realistic gun violence and sensitive content; discretion is advised. This production uses prop guns and gun shots.