THE DR. OZ SHOW Kicks Off Seson 9 Today with Something to Feel Good About
The nine-time Emmy® award-winning, THE DR. OZ SHOW is launching its ninth season which will include Explosive Celebrity Interviews, True Crime Tuesdays AND Thursdays, Your Food Deconstructed, Dr. Oz Investigates, the brand new Free Class Day, and Something to Feel Good About.
Week one kicks off with an Oz Exclusive, "What O.J. Simpson Wants to Say To Dr. Oz," Simpson speaks out with a message to Dr. Oz from behind bars. Dr. Oz also sits down with O.J.'s lawyer, Malcolm Laverne, and Fred Goldman, father of late Ron Goldman. Also in week one exclusive interviews, Dr. Oz interviews Ivanka Trump as she sounds off on paid family leave, affordable childcare and her reaction to her father's first nine months in office. Dr. Oz also sits down with Maria Menounos in an emotional interview to talk about her brain tumor and the TV surprise that is giving her hope. Plus, Daymond John joins us to talk about overcoming his battle with thyroid cancer.
True Crime Tuesdays return with big story based crimes as the franchise expands this season to True Crime Thursdays, "Could This Happen To You?" The spinoff half show programming will feature big picture crime issues that could happen to you. The Dr. Oz Show gives you even more investigations this season with scams and scandals you need to know about with "Oz Investigates" and "Why Would You Do That" a new brand for the show allowing viewers to find themselves in a scam, investigation or the latest health trends hitting social media.
In our Food Truth Series, The Dr. Oz Show will be tackling America's favorite foods, industry names, landmarks where they come from and how they could be built better in "Your Food Deconstructed." New brands to follow "Your Food Deconstructed" will include - "Build It Better" exploring what could be done to make America's favorite foods better, healthier and cleaner. "Your Food Quiz" - regular quizzes in the show to help the viewers find themselves and define their health. "Best and Worst of the Supermarket" - the viewers guide to Dr. Oz approved supermarket foods and innovative products. Plus, continuing the longest, TV experiment ever, The Dr. Oz Show will test ten of the biggest diets in the country "The Great Diet Showdown".
A new look at Mental Health from Dr. Oz will be a big theme this season taking an in-depth look at depression particularly in men, the national emergency on opioid addiction and how our national anxiety has taken control of our brains and health.
The all-new "Free Class Day" is a viewer's ultimate guide to elite classes led by experts in the fields of fitness, entrepreneurship, culinary experiences and more. Dr. Oz's free class team will include top names in their designated fields such as Tracy Anderson, Tony Robbins, Martha Stewart, Mario Batali, Tim Ferriss, Shaun T, and Barbara Corcoran to name a few. Also new to our programming this season is "Something To Feel Good About," highlighting human interest stories of passion and kindness that emphasize the best in humanity.
Explosive Celebrity Interviews:
· Ivanka Trump On Her Father, Working At The White House, and Her Crusade For Women At Work
· Maria Menounos Speaks Out About Her Brain Tumor
· Daymond John's Battle with Thyroid Cancer
· Hilaria Baldwin and Daphne Oz's Sugar Break
· Real Housewives of Orange County Tamra Judge On Her Cancer Diagnosis
· Montel Williams in: Is Marijuana A Secret Weapon Against Heroin Addiction?
True Crime Tuesdays and Thursdays:
· EXCLUSIVE: What O.J. Simpson Wants To Say To Dr. Oz from behind bars with Malcolm LaVergne, Fred Goldman and Jill Shively.
· Deadly And Tainted Alcohol In Resorts with Nancy Grace
· EXCLUSIVE: Could It Happen To You? Deadly Texts: Can A Text Lead To Suicide with Conrad Roy's Mother, Lynn Roy and Melissa Moore.
· Could This Happen To You? Trampoline Deaths: Why Are Trampoline Parks So Deadly?
Your Food Deconstructed:
· America's Most Beloved Food: Boxed Mac and Cheese
· In Defense Of American Chicken - For the first time ever the biggest chicken producers in the world, Tyson, Bell & Evans and Perdue are coming together to answer your biggest questions about the American chicken you feed your family.
Dr. Oz Investigates:
· Coconut Oil Healthy Or Not? With Mark Hyman
· Are You Being Duped Into Buying Counterfeit Beauty Products?
· Why, Where You Go For A Mammogram Matters
Free Class Day:
· Martha Stewart: How To Become A Master Slow Cooker
· Tracy Anderson: A Method To Reshape Your Body
· Dave Asprey: The "Bulletproof" Diet
· Bob Harper: A Heart-Health Transformation Workout
· Mario Batali: The Secrets To Healthy Italian Cooking
Catch all of this and more happening this September on The Dr. Oz Show!
September Kick Off Week Shows:
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2017
"THE ALZHEIMER'S SUMMIT: NEW PREVENTION BREAKTHROUGHS & JUDGE HATCHETT'S FAMILY HEARTBREAK"
Season Premiere: Our biggest Alzheimer's prevention show to date! The latest breakthroughs to protect your brain right now. See the at-home test you can take in less than 5 minutes to determine your risk. Then, Judge Hatchett opens up about how her daughter-in-law tragically died after giving birth and the family outrage that followed.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2017
"TRUE CRIME TUESDAY: WHAT O.J. SIMPSON WANTS TO SAY TO DR. OZ"
In a daytime exclusive, O.J. Simpson gives a message to Dr. Oz from behind bars. The surprising truth about his final weeks in prison. Plus, Fred Goldman speaks out on the release of the man he still says murdered his son Ron Goldman. And, the woman who says she's petrified of O.J. walking free.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2017
"YOUR FOOD DECONSTRUCTED: IN DEFENSE OF AMERICAN CHICKEN"
American chicken. Is it safe to eat? Some headlines say it is dangerously chlorinated, but what's the truth? Today, 3 of the biggest chicken producers in America answer your tough questions. Then, we take a closer look at boxed mac and cheese. What's really in that powdered cheese packet? Is it safe to feed your family?
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2017
"IVANKA TRUMP ON HER FATHER, WORKING AT THE WHITE HOUSE AND HER CRUSADE FOR WOMEN AT WORK"
Ivanka Trump was thrust into the political spotlight when her father first ran and then became President of the United States. The first daughter and advisor to President Trump is here again. In a one-on one, no-holds barred interview, Ivanka opens up about her role in the White House, her crusade for women in the workforce and her controversial father.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2017
"IS MARIJUANA A SECRET WEAPON AGAINST HEROIN ADDICTION?"
Opioids like heroin kill 91 people every single day. Now, a bold and controversial solution that many believe is a promising way to help fix the crisis. Could medical marijuana be the secret weapon to fighting opioid addiction? Montel Williams is here to talk about the this radical idea.