News & Quotes from CBS Sports Network in New Orleans!
· (STEVE BEUERLEIN ON JOE FLACCO AND COLIN KAEPERNICK):I think it's really hard to say who has the advantage in this situation. Both of them are playing at such a high level right now. They both have extreme confidence in themselves to make any play they need to make on the football field. If there is an advantage though, I would have to say it's the fact that Colin Kaepernick is making the 10th start of his career. It's Joe Flacco's 93rd start of his career in only his fifth year in the league. I think experience may come into play late in this ball game.· (PHIL SIMMS ON ONE WORD HE WOULD USE TO DESCRIBE BILL PARCELLS):Fame... As in Hall of Fame. It's coming this weekend.· (49ERS LINEBACKER NAVARRO BOWMAN ON KAEPERNICK):Colin is ready to go do it. He's young. He's ready to prove himself. He's hungry. He had to sit out several games early in the year. His shot has come and he's run with it. The whole team is just jumping out of our skin... We're just ready to go out and play this last game. · (BOWMAN ON JOE FLACCO):He's been patient. He's not in a rush. He's trying to get the look that the defense has to give before the ball is snapped. He's just doing a great job with preparing well and giving his team the best shot to win.· (RAVENS LINEBACKER PAUL KRUGER ON TEAM'S DEFENSE):There seemed to be something dragging on us. We were playing bad. We just weren't clicking as a team. We weren't doing things well. We weren't stopping the run, which I believe was the major factor. And as we started to get a couple guys back healthy, we had a reality check. This defense has a legacy and a tradition that we need to uphold. We came together as a team and really tried to get everybody to buy in. It paid off eventually.· (SIMMS ON THE RAVENS FACING Robert Griffin III AND THE REDSKINS OFFENSE IN WEEK 14):It was a great rehearsal for the Baltimore Ravens defense. As you watched that game, the Ravens defense did improve. So they learned from that experience. I'll be very surprised if they are not better because of it.
- · (BILL ROMANOWSKI ON CONTROVERSY SURROUNDING FORMER RAIDERS COACH Bill Callahan):
I was blown away. Bill Callahan is a good man and a great head coach. And I'll tell you what, "I'd run through that wall right over there for him right now, today." I was angry. I was pissed that those two guys would have the audacity to come out and say something bad about that man. It is a tragedy. It truly is... I think they wanted attention. Tim Brown is the one who said it, and Jerry Rice jumped on his back. Jerry isn't the kind of leader that would come out and say something like that, but Jerry will jump on people's backs. He just jumped on Tim Brown's back because he likes Tim Brown. Video: http://cbsprt.co/WbXHJA.
- · (Brian WestBROOK ON CURRENT RAVENS HEAD COACH AND FORMER EAGLES SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR JOHN HARBAUGH):
Now that I sit back and see all of the success that he's had, it makes sense. The special teams guys have to deal with the offensive guys. They have to deal with defensive guys, and guys who don't even want to play special teams at all. But he has to find a way to motivate them. And the team that he has in Baltimore, they have some good players. But he has found a way to motivate those guys and find a way to win.
INSIDE THE SUPER BOWL:
- · (STEVE TASKER ON RAY LEWIS):
Ray Lewis does something I've never seen another human being be able to do for his teammates. Everybody wants to be great. Everybody wants to win. Ray instills in his teammates the desire to do whatever they can do individually to make their team better. I have never seen a player be able to put inside another human being the will to do whatever it takes and to be as great as they can be. Video:http://cbsprt.co/14pJ2gO.
THE TIM BRANDO SHOW:
- · (TASKER ON JOE FLACCO):
I sat in a production meeting with Joe Flacco in his first season in the NFL. He told me "I'm the best thrower." I was like, "You want to be the best?" He goes, "No. I am the best." He believed it. He knows how well he can throw the football. Video: http://cbsprt.co/UxA8tE.