NBC's TODAY is No. 1 in Key Demo for 75 Weeks
NBC News' TODAY was the number-one morning show topping ABC's "Good Morning America" once again in the key demo A25-54. TODAY has now won 75 straight weeks in the key demo (91 of the last 92 weeks), its best streak in more than four years. TODAY was also the number-one morning show outright last Thursday beating GMA in total viewers and all demos. Versus last year, GMA was down the most in total viewers (-12%) while CBS was down the most in the key demo (-15%). GMA posted its lowest Demo delivery of all time.
TODAY's A25-54 and A18-49 wins over GMA have reached five-year highs, and TODAY has grown its A25-54 advantage over GMA by 39%, season to date versus last season. TODAY has also cut the total viewer gap with GMA by 18% season to date (-187,000 vs. -228,000 last season).
*Please note all three programs were retitled on Monday due to the Memorial Day holiday and are based on four-day averages.
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.47||10||3,398||0.52||667||0.75||904|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||2.99||12||4,082||0.70||902||1.04||1,247|
TODAY finished #1 across-the-board on Thursday morning, leading GMA by +12,000 total viewers, +255,000 A25-54 viewers, and +240,000 A18-49 viewers
For the week, TODAY averaged 1.483 million A25-54 viewers, topping GMA by +236,000 (+19%) and CBS by +579,000 (+64%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 75 consecutive weeks (best streak in over the four years) and 91 of the last 92 weeks
- TODAY increased its A25-54 lead over GMA by 17% week-to-week, hitting it highest mark in 10 weeks (since the week of 3/20/2017)
- TODAY ranked #1 in A25-54 on all four mornings the programs were rated
- TODAY delivered a 1.23 A25-54 rating, +0.19 points ahead of GMA and +0.48 points more than CBS
- GMA posted its lowest demo average of all-time.
TODAY averaged 1.128 million A18-49 viewers, +226,000 (+25%) more than GMA and +461,000 (+69%) higher than CBS
- This represents TODAY best A18-49 advantage over GMA since the week of 4/10/2016 (a seven-week high)
- TODAY improved its A18-49 advantages over GMA compared to prior week (up 11%) and the same week last year (up 18%)
- TODAY's 0.88 A18-49 rating led GMA by +0.18 points and CBS by +0.36 points
TODAY averaged 3.948 million total viewers, leading CBS THIS MORNING by +550,000 (+16%)
- TODAY's reduced GMA's total viewer lead by 40% week-to-week and by 47% versus the same week last season
- GMA had its lowest P2+ since week of 8/15/2016
TODAY ranks #1 among A25-54 viewers and A18-49 viewers
- TODAY A25-54 and A18-49 leads over GMA have reached five-year highs
- TODAY has increased its A25-54 advantage over GMA by 39% vs. last season while its A18-49 lead over GMA has improved by 9%
TODAY's total viewer gap vs. GMA has been reduced by 18% (-187,000 vs. -228,000 last season)