NBC's TODAY is No. 1 Morning Show, Topping ABC's GMA
NBC News' TODAY was the number-one morning show topping ABC's "Good Morning America" once again in the key demo A25-54. TODAY has now won 76 straight weeks in the key demo (92 of the last 93 weeks), its best streak in more than four years. TODAY was also the number-one morning show outright last Wednesday beating GMA in total viewers and all demos. Versus last year, GMA was down the most in total viewers (-10%) and for the second straight week posted all-time lows in the key demo (-14%). TODAY's A25-54 and A18-49 wins over GMA have reached five-year highs, and TODAY has grown its A25-54 advantage over GMA by 39%, season to date versus last season. TODAY has also cut the total viewer gap with GMA by 19% season to date (-187,000 vs. -231,000 last season).
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.44||10||3,370||0.47||608||0.72||865|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||2.98||12||4,087||0.70||898||1.02||1,225|
TODAY finished #1 across-the-board on Wednesday morning, leading GMA by +49,000 total viewers, +268,000 A25-54 viewers, and +189,000 A18-49 viewers
For the week, TODAY averaged 1.465 million A25-54 viewers, topping GMA by +240,000 (+20%) and CBS by +600,000 (+69%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 76 consecutive weeks (best streak in over four years) and 92 of the last 93 weeks
- TODAY saw its highest A25-54 margin over GMA since the week of 3/20/2017 and its biggest lead over CBS since the week of 1/23/2017
- Compared to the same week last year, TODAY increased its A25-54 advantage over GMA by 64%
- TODAY delivered a 1.22 A25-54 rating, +0.20 points ahead of GMA and +0.50 points more than CBS
- For the second straight week, GMA set a new all-time low among A25-54 viewers.
- CBS saw its lowest demo since the week of 7/27/2015).
TODAY averaged 1.081 million A18-49 viewers, +183,000 (+20%) more than GMA and +473,000 (+78%) higher than CBS
- TODAY improved its A18-49 advantages over GMA (by 83%) and CBS (by 7%) compared to the same week last season
- TODAY's 0.84 A18-49 rating led GMA by +0.14 points and CBS by +0.37 points
TODAY averaged 3.977 million total viewers, leading CBS THIS MORNING by +607,000 (+18%)
- TODAY added +30,000 total viewers week-to-week, the most among the morning news programs
- This was TODAY's best total viewer advantage over CBS in five weeks
- TODAY reduced GMA's total viewer lead by 18% week-to-week and by 72% versus the same week last season
TODAY ranks #1 among A25-54 viewers and A18-49 viewers
- TODAY's A25-54 and A18-49 leads over GMA have reached five-year highs
- TODAY has increased its A25-54 advantage over GMA by 39% vs. last season while its A18-49 lead over GMA has improved by 10%
TODAY's total viewer gap vs. GMA has been reduced by 19% (-186,000 vs. -231,000 last season)TODAY DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS: TODAY reached more consumers than GMA on Yahoo with over 33.2 million unique visitors turning to TODAY.com in April for exclusive interviews and the latest lifestyle, parenting and entertainment news, according to recent data from comScore. For 40 consecutive months (49 out of the last 50), TODAY.com has reached more mobile consumers than GMA on Yahoo. TODAY.com has gone from parity in mobile unique visitors in September 2013 to delivering more than 3x GMA on Yahoo's mobile visitor number in April 2017.