NBC's TODAY Tops GMA in Key Demo for 81 Straight Weeks
NBC News' TODAY was the number-one morning show topping ABC's "Good Morning America" once again in the key demo A25-54. TODAY has now won 81 straight weeks in the key demo (97 of the last 98 weeks), its best streak in more than four years. TODAY's A25-54 and A18-49 wins over GMA have reached five-year highs, and TODAY has cut the total viewer gap with GMA by 14% season to date (-191,000 vs. -223,000 last season). TODAY has also increased its A25-54 advantage over GMA by 30% versus last season.
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.35||10||3,244||0.45||576||0.68||817|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||2.83||12||3,795||0.63||804||0.96||1,154|
For the week, TODAY averaged 1.257 million A25-54 viewers, topping GMA by +103,000 (+9%) and CBS by +440,000 (+54%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 81 consecutive weeks (best streak in over four years) and 97 of the last 98 weeks
- TODAY delivered a 1.05 A25-54 rating, +0.09 points ahead of GMA and +0.37 points more than CBS
TODAY averaged 916,000 A18-49 viewers, +112,000 (+14%) more than GMA and +340,000 (+59%) higher than CBS
- TODAY's 0.71 A18-49 rating led GMA by +0.08 points and CBS by +0.26 points
TODAY averaged 3.596 million total viewers, leading CBS THIS MORNING by +352,000 (+11%)
- Week-to-week, TODAY improved the total viewer gap vs. GMA by 14% (-199,000 vs. -231,000 prior week)
TODAY ranks #1 among A25-54 viewers and A18-49 viewers
- TODAY's A25-54 and A18-49 leads over GMA have reached five-year highs
- TODAY has increased its A25-54 advantage over GMA by 30% vs. last season while its A18-49 lead over GMA has improved by 8%
TODAY's total viewer gap vs. GMA has been reduced by 14% (-191,000 vs. -223,000 last season)
TODAY DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS: TODAY reached more consumers than GMA on Yahoo with over 32.8 million unique visitors turning to TODAY.com in June for exclusive interviews and the latest lifestyle, parenting and entertainment news, according to recent data from comScore. For 42 consecutive months (51 out of the last 52), TODAY.com has reached more mobile consumers than GMA on Yahoo. TODAY.com has gone from parity in mobile unique visitors in September 2013 to delivering 3.0x GMA on Yahoo's mobile visitor number in June 2017.