NBC's DATELINE is No. 1 Most-Watched Friday Newsmagazine Across the Board
DATELINE NBC is the #1 most-watched Friday newsmagazine, winning the 2016-2017 season across the board. With an average of 4.6 million total viewers tuning into the show this past season, Dateline outperformed ABC by +591,000 (+15 percent). Dateline joins NBC News' NBC NIGHTLY NEWS with Lester Holt, TODAY and Meet the Press with Chuck Todd, as all four network news programs are #1 in the demo, most valued by news advertisers, for the second straight season.In the key A25-54 news demo, Dateline averaged 1.5 million viewers, leading ABC by +171,000 (+12 percent). Among A18-49 viewers, Dateline averaged 1.2 million total viewers, beating ABC by +145,000 (+14 percent). Dateline continues to rein as the #1 newsmagazine during the third quarter of 2017, averaging 4.3 million total viewers, leading ABC by +899,000 (+26 percent). For the same period, Dateline also topped ABC by +186,000 A18-49 viewers (+22 percent) and by +163,000 A25-54 viewers (+14 percent). The series' total viewer advantage was 40 percent higher than last year for Q3. Follow the show on Facebook and on Twitter, and tune in this Friday, Sept. 29 at 9 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. CT for the 26th season premiere of Dateline.