HSN and Warner Bros. Consumer Products Establish Partnership to Celebrate the Highly Anticipated Action-Adventure Film 'Wonder Woman'
Leading entertainment and lifestyle retailer HSN is initiating its first-ever marketing collaboration with Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), in partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures, Tencent Pictures and Wanda Pictures, along with DC Entertainment (DCE), to celebrate the June 2 release of Wonder Woman. Starring Gal Gadot as the Amazon warrior, the film marks Wonder Woman's first-ever standalone motion picture in the global icon's 75-year history. HSN is working with designers to bring the film to life through an inspiring collection, which will launch on HSN on June 1 at 9 p.m. ET, during The List with Colleen Lopez, just as the epic action adventure hits theaters.
"We are thrilled to be launching a partnership with Warner Bros. for the release of the highly anticipated action adventure feature film Wonder Woman," said Carmen Bauza, Chief Merchandising Officer, HSN. "Our Wonder Woman collaboration captures the spirit of empowerment that we are passionate about fostering, and we were excited to work with each of the participating designers to engage their inner DC Super Hero in creating these collections."
Drawing inspiration from the geometric shapes and metallic tones in Wonder Woman's iconic costume, HSN collaborated with designers to create pieces with subtle yet thoughtful nods to the DC Super Hero's signature armor, sword and shield throughout the assortment. The collections reflect each designer's own experience of what it means to be a fashion Super Hero, integrating personal aesthetics into each piece to create a collection that ranges in price from $34-$250. The assortment will include:
- A 'Save the Day' Cape Blazer from Project Gravitas by Lisa Sun that features quilted panels inspired by the armor Wonder Woman wears, available in deep red, white and black, in addition to an extensive line of work-leisure wear from Project Gravitas;
- Specially designed apparel pieces featuring rich red tones, denim, Aztec prints and gold patterns, designed by a community of global artists as part of VIDA, the international e-commerce platform that supports independent artists, founded by Umaimah Mendhro;
- A Wonder Woman-inspired backpack, stitched with the iconic pattern, along with a Thunderbolt Wristlet by fashion industry pioneer and icon Betsey Johnson;
- A Benefit Cosmetics Wonder Woman Bag and assortment featuring empowering text to inspire the everyday Super Hero as they start their day, created by sisters Maggie and Annie Danielson;
- A special capsule collection from the high-end athleisure wear brand nuyu, featuring apparel pieces with gold gladiator and Wonder Woman-inspired prints that subtly reflect the Amazon Warrior's armor in the film;
- An intricate shield designed necklace that can be worn forwards or backwards from renowned jewelry designer RJ Graziano, whose collection also features statement cuffs and necklaces; and
- A fine jewelry collection from HSN's very own Colleen Lopez, who drew inspiration from her personal collection to create an assortment of bracelets, necklaces and rings, incorporating ruby and sapphire.
"We're excited to collaborate with HSN and all the designers to bring these feature film-inspired collections to HSN's devoted customers and fans around the world, offering them many unique designs that tell the aesthetics of Wonder Woman's DNA," said Soo Koo, Chief Creative Officer for Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
HSN will be launching an interactive Wonder Woman digital storefront on HSN.com this week. This marks HSN's first-ever partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products as part of a strategic alliance to introduce dynamic new collections that inspire fans.